Hello from Calgary

Hi, my name is Arie Intveld. I've been lurking here ever since Amin started this forum and now that I've been shooting with micro4/3 for 2 years, I thought I might have something to share.

(Ian .. no, I'm not stalking you on the photo forums :eek:. Seems those of us have the same ethos end up in the same places).

Even though I shoot with a pair of GF1 bodies, I had to find out if the new GX1 lives up to Panasonic's claims. I picked up a black GX1 body this past Tuesday and I have some thoughts and observations about it. Rather than cross-post between forums, here's the link to my post on mu-43.com, if anyone cares to look:

GX1 initial impressions and a sample ISO 1600 image - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

Welcome to the forum from a fellow mu-43 transient. Thanks for sharing the GX1 image (thought I kinda resent you just a bit for the G.A.S.) - where did you get that bad boy? Available in Canada already?

Welcome to the forum from a fellow mu-43 transient. Thanks for sharing the GX1 image (thought I kinda resent you just a bit for the G.A.S.) - where did you get that bad boy? Available in Canada already?

krugorg,

Thanks for the welcome. If it helps, I kinda feel bad for being such an early adopter. When it gets dark and cold outside and I can't shoot very much, I get the itch. I think it's an OCD problem.

Yes, the GX1 was in stock at The Camera Store here in Calgary as of this past Monday.

Arie, I'm very glad you've thrown aside your lurkdom and come into the SC light - welcome! Looking forward to your photographs and involvement here. Now I'll have to read up on your new camera.;)

Arie, I'm very glad you've thrown aside your lurkdom and come into the SC light - welcome! Looking forward to your photographs and involvement here. Now I'll have to read up on your new camera.;)

Yes, I've 'de-cloaked' now that I finally have a bit more time to call my own.

Ms. Walden .. your reputation precedes you and I can't think of a single person I'd rather have moderating this wonderful forum. :hail:

Thanks for the warm welcome.:grouphug:

Hello! Do you go by Bart or Bartje?

Yes, I was born in Rotterdam .. my family emigrated to Canada when I was four years old. Where in the Netherlands are you located?
my name is Bart but for some reason people start calling me Bartje within days of knowing me :tongue:
I'm from Rotterdam too, lived there all my life so far!

Back