Leica Hello from Cumbria

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
Hi everbody. Finally made it to this Leica forum. Spent time in Fuji MU43 sony and SC before
ending up here. I have a Q on the way :) I just got fed up of waiting for Ricoh to release
a new GR. The Q was the only logical option of me and my photographic requirements .
So as soon as it arrives, (monday I hope). I intend to start contributing to this forum on a regular basis.
Now all i need to do is sell every last little bit of photographic gear i own to soften the huge financial blow taken by my wallet !! I am still smiling though. It was a bit of a rush pushing the BUY NOW button :cloud-9-039:

All the best, Garry

Hi Garry, the Q will be a great camera for what you shoot. I've often thought about one, would be a great mix of performance and size. And I just like how Leica controls help the decisions on shutter, ISO, and aperture easy to make and implement.

What you've done with the GR on Flickr is superb. GR is a different look than typical Q, but -2/3 EV in camera and some contrast push in post would be pretty close.

Well that was short lived ! I cancelled the Q this morning. Should have done my homework on it. Found out that it has a longest shutter speed of 30 secs a bulb limit of 30 secs !
Whats that all about ?
The GR has a timed long exposure of up to 5 minutes plus B and T. Ok this is only one issue, but to me its a deal breaker.
For a minute there I was super excited. I now feel totally deflated. Never mind.
I will now bow out very quietly

Oh, well. Better to find out now than after. Although, maybe you would have been happy with the camera, and left your bulb photo shots for a different one ... Now you'll never know, heh!

Well that was short lived ! I cancelled the Q this morning. Should have done my homework on it. Found out that it has a longest shutter speed of 30 secs a bulb limit of 30 secs !
Whats that all about ?
The GR has a timed long exposure of up to 5 minutes plus B and T. Ok this is only one issue, but to me its a deal breaker.
For a minute there I was super excited. I now feel totally deflated. Never mind.
I will now bow out very quietly

As someone that has worked with sensors- heat can be an issue. The upper limit for bulb could be based on heat dissipation of the camera. Compact camera- more difficult to get rid of heat.

Hope that you stick around here again, will see you at Amin's other forums.

Back