Hello from France

Jean

Hi everyone !
I'm Jean and I live in South East of France.
I like butterflies, bees, and all kinds of critters, I like french cooking but not only, I love my cat, I like Provence, I like holidays in Italy, I like the lakes, the sea, and the flowers, I like the traditions, I like the words, I like the light and the reflections, I like to try, I like veal kidneys with pieces of lemon, and I also like photography with my k5.
I used a Pana FZ38, but now it lies in a box...
My gallery : Flickr: safran83's Photostream

Welcome to the forum, Jean! I will add you on Flickr and look forward to seeing your challenge photos.

By the way, do you have a guest bedroom? :D My wife and I spent a week in Arles and the surrounding area and love the place.

I have known Jean since when I first started photography a couple years ago when we were both Panasonic FZ35/38 users. He has the gift of making every photo look like a miniature masterpiece. He also claims to not speak English well, but he also leaves some of the wittiest comments on my flickrstream. I'm glad he accepted my invitation to join in this challenge. Please offer him any help you can in navigating the site and also give him a difficult time if it's in your nature.

Hello Jean. I am sure you will be very comfortable here. I like everything you like except veal. The K5 is fabulous as are most Pentax cameras. I am going to try and live with my GF1 alone. I miss the wonderful aromas of Provence.

Hi Jean and welcome from the South West .......... wet wet wet .......for the last few weeks ......... but I've been in the UK, were believe me it's wetter.

I prefer mustard with my veals kidneys, (but we must be careful as I'm sure that there are a few vegetarians on the Forum)

Hi Jean, welcome to the team!

I was in Avignon and Arles last autumn and will be back once we have saved up enough. We went as a pilgrimage to Van Gogh (2 years ago we went to Auvers-sur-Oise) and had a look around St Remy de Provence which was great, I had never seen olive trees before. I was amazed to be able to identify the mountains from some of the paintings Van Gogh had done during his time there, and even some of the trees.

I'd like to go back to get a good picture of and from Les Baux-de-Provence.

I usually have my kidneys straight, on toast. I'd probably prefer them devilled but I'm too lazy.

Bienvenu, Jean! I'm work related to France, so visit every once in a while, although mostly Paris and North. Grenoble and Lyon were 'lowest" I went. But I would love to see Provence one day. In the meantime, show us some:)

Welcome Jean. Time to take that camera out of the box, yes? And you lost me on the kidneys but we're neck and neck on most of the rest :)

Thanks all ! When Luke invited me, he said this forum was a very friendly group : he was completely right ! I didn't expect to have so much welcome messages ! Cooool !

Back