Hello from Melbourne

Jenna

Regular
Name
Karen
Hi all, I have just found this forum and am delighted to find somewhere that compact cameras/systems are treated as serious tools for photography.

I started out in digital photography with a Fuji s7000 before moving on to Pentax DSLRs and have now returned to using the Fuji xs1 which I am delighted with.

My main loves in photography are macro and land/seascapes and much of what lies between.

Flickr: sianon's Photostream

Welcome, now is a very good time to be getting back into the Fujis with their new X-cameras.

There are a few aussies here too, and a couple from Melbourne (says I, posting from Ikea @ Richmond, enjoying their breakfast special).

Welcome

Hi all, I have just found this forum and am delighted to find somewhere that compact cameras/systems are treated as serious tools for photography.

I started out in digital photography with a Fuji s7000 before moving on to Pentax DSLRs and have now returned to using the Fuji xs1 which I am delighted with.

My main loves in photography are macro and land/seascapes and much of what lies between.

Flickr: sianon's Photostream

It's great to see more Aussies finding this great forum. I cruise more on the sister forum "M-43". There are so many great folk here and on M43. You will learn heaps and get so much fun too!
Cheers
DUD

Welcome Jenna and you, too, davidw!

There are definitely quite a few Aussies here - and the more the merrier, for sure!:drinks:

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your photos - thanks so much for sharing your Flickr link, Jenna. I haven't been as active of late here but I will be more involved as winter heads in our direction and love to look at other people's photographs.(y)

Hi Jenna (or Karen)....I need to check out your flickr. That Fuji has been intriguing me for some time. I've been thinking about a good superzoom to replace what's left of my m43 kit and the long zooms I saved.

Welcome to David....sahre a few photos of your beautiful country when you have time.

Hi Jenna, welcome to the motley crew. I'll probably stick with calling you Jenna if that's okay as I'm easily confused and there is another Karen posting here. For a reasonably clever person I can be fairly dense at times.

I was just thinking about the differences in photography across the world, and how it must be very different in Australia where you get some really strong light of the type that we just haven't seen this year. Well, maybe one or two days all year. I wonder what opportunities and difficulties it presents?

Really looking forward to seeing your pictures, get stuck in and show us what you've got!
Heather, Scotland.

Thank you Heather. I spent four weeks in Scotland in 2006 and again in 2007. It is a truly beautiful country and somewhere I want to return to. The light is harsher here at the height of summer. Although some of the most dramatic light I have come across occurred on the isle of Skye with really black thunder clouds with strong sunlight behind them. I was at the museum of life and the reds and greens of the farm machinery were so intense that people would not believe that I had not pumped up the saturation in photoshop :).

Back