Hello from Mid-Michigan, USA!

twokatmew

Regular
Name
Margaret
Hello, my name is Margaret, and I've been spending time over at Mu-43.com during the last few months, as I recently sold my Pentax gear after getting an LX-5 and discovering this comparatively tiny camera can take great pics. :) Finding I often needed better high ISO performance, I added an E-PM1 for that and its IBIS. I won't give up my LX-5 though. :)

My dad gave me my first camera ~1975, an Agfa 110 (the Pocket 2008 I believe), with "flipflash." ~1981, I upgraded to a 35mm manual SLR, the Fujica STX-1 with a 55mm f/2.2 lens. I used the Fujica till I purchased my first digital camera in 2001, a Nikon Coolpix 880. Sadly I replaced it with a Canon SD630 in 2006. ;) I'm only a snap shooter, but I live to photograph pets indoors, so I'm forever chasing better high ISO performance and faster lenses. I still get better shots using manual mode -- providing my subjects sit still long enough for me to fiddle with settings -- which unfortunately is a rarity. :tongue:

Now that I'm retired, I'm able to make more time to resume my photography hobby and (I hope) to become a better photographer. :)

Welcome Margaret, and thanks for your introduction! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you have 2 cats? :tongue:

Thx! I had two cats when I began using "twokatmew" some years ago. Now I have three, but I always have at least one. :) Three is my max though!

Sent from my phone, pardon my brevity.

Thx for the warm welcome everyone! I forgot to mention that I took the shot I use for my avatar with my LX5. I used macro mode and cropped heavily. My now 12-yr-old Ben posed for the shot, and he was half asleep at the time. :)

Hi Margaret! I, too, am an ex-Pentaxian with an LX5... and I love shooting my cats!

Glad you decided to join up. :)

Hey Yeats, didn't you used to frequent PentaxForums? I think I remember seeing you over there. :) I was sad to leave such a great forum, but I'm very happy to have found this forum and Mu-43 ... also great, friendly, helpful places. :D

Margaret, thank you so much for your jumping right in and introducing yourself - now, please, please share some of your photographs with us!

Love your avatar shot - what an incredible eye color!:drinks:

Margaret, thank you so much for your jumping right in and introducing yourself - now, please, please share some of your photographs with us!

Love your avatar shot - what an incredible eye color!:drinks:

Soon, I promise! Life's caused me to set the camera down for a bit. But I'll post a few from the last few months till I can get back to shooting. :)

Back