Hello from MN/mu-43

Hello!

I just found out about this place from mu-43 this morning, I guess I’m following a trend in checking things out here.

Currently living in MN, a fairly decent place for me to enjoy mostly nature and wildlife photography (I apologize in advance for my limited quality).
Welcome to the crew; many of us abandoned (pretty much) that site.

Regards,

Edd

Hello!

I just found out about this place from mu-43 this morning, I guess I’m following a trend in checking things out here.

Currently living in MN, a fairly decent place for me to enjoy mostly nature and wildlife photography (I apologize in advance for my limited quality).
Welcome aboard! You have several Minnesotans here, myself included. I also jumped ship from that site, probably a year or more ago at this point.

Thanks for the responses, truth be told I don’t have an issue (yet) with mu-43, but 99% of my short time there is posting random photos. A bit hard to screw that up.

But, it’s hard to ignore positive recommendations and I really look forward to seeing what folks have to share here!

I’ll never give up my E-M5 II, very big fan of it despite only using 0.5% of it. Also funny that Pentax was the only other strong consideration when I bought mine, but not K1. I’m too poor for that.
The EM5II is just such nirvana in build quality. Plus I feel like the sensor is tuned for just ideal colors as long as you expose it right.

Pentax is one of the only other brands which I feel sticks to a stills photography ethos, which Olympus does too despite M4/3 as a whole having a hybrid mentality. The dedication to really great colors is shared between them. I couldn't afford the K1 for a long time, but sold off an M-mount Voigtlander which I had pieced together over time.

The EM5II is just such nirvana in build quality. Plus I feel like the sensor is tuned for just ideal colors as long as you expose it right.

Pentax is one of the only other brands which I feel sticks to a stills photography ethos, which Olympus does too despite M4/3 as a whole having a hybrid mentality. The dedication to really great colors is shared between them. I couldn't afford the K1 for a long time, but sold off an M-mount Voigtlander which I had pieced together over time.
It’s good to know my interests in Pentax weren’t misplaced. Overall size of M4/3 truly won me over. Much easier to justify taking on my canoe trips, etc.

I’ll never give up my E-M5 II, very big fan of it despite only using 0.5% of it. Also funny that Pentax was the only other strong consideration when I bought mine, but not K1. I’m too poor for that.
Hey Mzungu, welcome to... the metaphoric zoo of cameras and photographers that Cameraderie is. Sort of. A very friendly zoo, as well. With regards to both your E-M5 II and Pentaxes, well... waaaay back in the distant ancient analog ages, I succumbed to the lure of small, wonderfully made SLR's and my weapon of choice was a Pentax MX - although I was sorely tempted, at times, by the Olympus OM-1 and its subsequent siblings. The things which they embodied still find life in today's Olympiii I think, especially the relatively compact but beautifully designed E-M5 series. (I have an E-M5.3 and it more than lives up to the ethos of an intelligently designed yet compact photographic powerhouse.) Pentaxes, for various reasons, got bigger in the digital ages, but in general have kept their thoughtful designed-by-photographers-for-photographers inspiration, and even the non K-1 models tend to be pretty fun, still, to actually take pictures with.

Looking forwards to seeing some of your images from MN.

Hey Mzungu, welcome to... the metaphoric zoo of cameras and photographers that Cameraderie is. Sort of. A very friendly zoo, as well. With regards to both your E-M5 II and Pentaxes, well... waaaay back in the distant ancient analog ages, I succumbed to the lure of small, wonderfully made SLR's and my weapon of choice was a Pentax MX - although I was sorely tempted, at times, by the Olympus OM-1 and its subsequent siblings. The things which they embodied still find life in today's Olympiii I think, especially the relatively compact but beautifully designed E-M5 series. (I have an E-M5.3 and it more than lives up to the ethos of an intelligently designed yet compact photographic powerhouse.) Pentaxes, for various reasons, got bigger in the digital ages, but in general have kept their thoughtful designed-by-photographers-for-photographers inspiration, and even the non K-1 models tend to be pretty fun, still, to actually take pictures with.

Looking forwards to seeing some of your images from MN.
Hopefully I won’t bore you too much!

Back