Fuji Hello From MN

Roger Lund

Rookie
Hi,

It is nice to meet you all.

I have been active in Photography mostly as a Hobby since 2004. While I'll do a bit of work once in a while; it's mostly for lens samples. I shoot 100% adapted lenses on my Fuji X-E2. Er, Cough , Cough over 50 of them.. I like to challange others to use Manual Focus, as I haven't used auto focus since I've own a Fuji. Prior to that I would shoot 100% manual. Recently I like to challange others to use vintage lenses vs a new shinny mostly plastic lens.. :9)

I mostly shoot when I see, flowers, random objects, people if I can get someone to pose. :)
You can see results of my lenses, or just check out the growing collection...

Manual Focus Lenses
My Main Page RogerLund

During the Day I Build Clouds, I've been in IT for over 15 years.

I enjoy Photography for the Creative outlet. I lets me try to get the result of what I am picturing in my mind. You'll see a lot of wide open, artsy shoots from me. I hope that is ok..

Can I ask why each of you is into Photography?

Roger Lund

Welcome, Roger! Wow, a lot of interesting and great lenses in your collection. I have been active in photography beginning around the same time as you. In my case, I am driven mainly by family photography, but I enjoy good lenses too, including manual focus ones :).

Welcome! I sometimes use an old rokkor MC 55 f1.7 lens on my XT1.

I'm into it because ... I don't know. When I was about 8 I bought my first 110 camera, and was very excited by photography. In high school I still had a graphic arts photo lab, with all the b&w I could shoot for free. College, I shot friends and bands. Then Delta lost my Minolta X-370, and I slumped. The wife bought me a Nikon 4300 p&s, and it was electrifying to see the shots instantly. A series of crappy p&s cameras followed, each lasting 2 years til I broke it. I was always chasing light, documenting my life and family, and trying to learn, but not seriously until the Mrs surprised me with the original X100 for Father's Day in 2012. That's how I found this place, and when I began to learn in earnest. Started shooting film again for fun, dabbled in manual exposure, and really put the time into learning how to be fast and efficient with that X100. The results were a whole new category for me, it was addicting. That camera got 30,000 shots on it (still tickin'), and I sprung for the XT1, which has got to be north of 40,000 now. Those 2 have been to Peru, the Carribean, all over North America, done commercial work, shot countless frames while biking for the Mrs and her website, etc etc.

As long as I can keep putting that card into the slot, opening files on a big monitor, and getting a little thrill because I "got it" in some way, I'll keep doing this.

welcome Roger. I enjoy photography for the aspect of seeing things "differently" from real life. Whether that means heavy manipulation or heavy processing or extreme shallow DOF or ultra-wide angle.

But sometimes I love photography for the way it allows the photographer to tell a story with multiple shots or by freezing a moment in time with a perfect single shot.

I guess I love photography because real life is so flawed, but a single moment can be so perfect.

I understand some may object to my preferences, but that's what I like....I also like other aspects of photography, but that is the thrust of it for me.

I also like "trying" to be creative ;)

I also like "trying" to be creative

Definitely a part of it for me as well. I feel like the older I get, the less opportunities I have to be creative. Can't call some guys to come hangout in my garage and play guitar anymore :).

Back