Hello from Norway

iau

Rookie
I've been reading the forum regulary for over a year, but don't post much. I'm a enthusiast photographer with a weak spot for gear. I've always been a (D)SLR user for "serious shooting", but nevertheless always carried a compact when I wanted to go light. After entering the digital world of photography in 2004 my DSLR gear has been quite stable (a couple of Nikons), but my lighter gear has been more difficult to stick with. Looking back to earlier years I realize I did change P&S more than my thrusty SLR, that was never replaced.

On the compact side I've come to SeriousCompacts to get ideas and inspirations from other that are using lighter cameras that not necessarily have to carry the L-name. I've been using GF1/GF3 and LX3/LX5 but currently only own the GF3. In adition to a X100 (and a S90 for walking-the-dog-pictures...).

-iau

iau, many thanks for your introduction and welcome from the NYC metro area! Please do share some of your photographs here because in between the ever present camera lust and technical threads...we really are about the pictures we create with our various cameras. Any questions just ask! Site Information has a number of very handy "sticky" threads that get into how to post in various ways. Very glad to have you, iau!

Back