Hello from Paris

Julien

Top Veteran
Name
Julien
Hi all,

After a few months spent enjoying reading this forum, I think it's past time I say hello. I'm Julien (the french variation of Julian), I'm 27 and live in Paris, France.

I do mostly street, night, concert and travel photography.

As for the gear, I've used a X100 as a walkaround since it came out, and a Nikon D5100 with a Sigma 30mm 1.4 (for shallow dof and at night) and a Tamron 18-270 (for travel, animals and such).

I really enjoy the photos I've seen posted on this forum, and hope to share a few of mine in the coming days.

Cheers,
Julien

Welcome from me here in New York, Julien! Thanks so much for starting off with your introduction - and I look forward to your photographs and involvement here across the discussions. :2thumbs:

Hi Julien, many greetings from your old ally, Scotland. Paris is an amazing city for photography, you are very lucky! What part of the town are you in?
Heather

Bienvenue Julien! Je suis Bernard d'Allemagne et habit a Haan, près de Cologne et Dusseldorf et Barbatre, Ile de Noirmoutier, Vendee. .........Now let's switch to English because I was too lazy to get more French into my brain..... ;-)

This forum here is an international place with so many different members, cameras and other interests. Paris was my favourite town for my early photography in the seventies. Beside Amsterdam that was much closer for me.

Here a snap from the Tour Eiffel, the conductor and ticket checker:

Tour Eiffel | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and at the 'rive gauche'? behind a vintage book market:

In Paris | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Enjoy your time here and display photographs.......the cameras you are using are very good!

Cheers
Bernd

Welcome to the forum Julien! Great combo of cameras you got there. I'm actually interested on the D5100, and may have to pick your brain on that! I've never been to Paris, but it seems like an amazing place, specially for photographers! Hope to see tons of photos from you. And BTW, the D5100 does count as a "serious compacts", so post lots of photos from the D5100 too!

Hi Julien, many greetings from your old ally, Scotland. Paris is an amazing city for photography, you are very lucky! What part of the town are you in?
Heather

Hi Heather!

One of my favorite place to hangout is actually called "The Auld Alliance", believe it or not!

Paris is indeed a nice place to live in for a photographer. I'm in the 12th district (south-est) not far from one of the two largest woods in the region. I took this picture of the wood and lake last winter:

DSC_0121.jpg

Hi Bernd,

I'm sincerely ashamed to say I've never studied any german. All the more since I will be staying in Köln/Cologne in Germany next month for a couple of days (I might have some free time for photography and would be happy to get suggestions of places to see and photograph).

The members here come from all around the world and I'm not surprised since it's such a welcoming community. Such a shock coming from places like dp*****w (I'm not sure the full name is allowed, but I think most people here will know which I'm talking about).

You're right about my cameras, I often don't feel worthy of my equipment to say the truth. And looking at the pictures you just linked I feel even less so. Superb shots (and yes, it's "rive gauche". The book market is still there along the Seine, near Saint Michel).

Bienvenue Julien! Je suis Bernard d'Allemagne et habit a Haan, près de Cologne et Dusseldorf et Barbatre, Ile de Noirmoutier, Vendee. .........Now let's switch to English because I was too lazy to get more French into my brain..... ;-)

This forum here is an international place with so many different members, cameras and other interests. Paris was my favourite town for my early photography in the seventies. Beside Amsterdam that was much closer for me.

Here a snap from the Tour Eiffel, the conductor and ticket checker:

Tour Eiffel | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and at the 'rive gauche'? behind a vintage book market:

In Paris | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Enjoy your time here and display photographs.......the cameras you are using are very good!

Cheers
Bernd

Welcome to the forum Julien! Great combo of cameras you got there. I'm actually interested on the D5100, and may have to pick your brain on that! I've never been to Paris, but it seems like an amazing place, specially for photographers! Hope to see tons of photos from you. And BTW, the D5100 does count as a "serious compacts", so post lots of photos from the D5100 too!

Thank you for the warm welcome. My brain is yours to pick :tongue:

And thank you Lili, BillN, nikki, Landshark, olli and Hauki!

Welcome from the Netherlands! Looking forward to seeing more of your photos! :)

yeah I think we're all happy that this place is so much friendlier than DPR... sure the "big forum" can be a valuable place for technical information, and some of the subforums do have a focus on photography, but some others are just... not as gentle :rolleyes: different strokes for different folks I guess!

G'day from Down Under mate (that's Australia for the uninitiated). (y)

Hope you enjoy your time here at SC. I think you should armed with what you have so far. Also the benefits of joining - rather than lurking - is to be a part of a very open community. The more you share, the more you'll enjoy it! Well that's what I found and what keeps me here more hours than I should each day :blush:

Welcome!!!

Hi all,

After a few months spent enjoying reading this forum, I think it's past time I say hello. I'm Julien (the french variation of Julian), I'm 27 and live in Paris, France.

I do mostly street, night, concert and travel photography.

As for the gear, I've used a Fuji X100 as a walkaround since it came out, and a Nikon D5100 with a Sigma 30mm 1.4 (for shallow dof and at night) and a Tamron 18-270 (for travel, animals and such).

I really enjoy the photos I've seen posted on this forum, and hope to share a few of mine in the coming days.

Cheers,
Julien

Julien, thanks a lot!

Before you leave to Cologne, drop me a PM so I can informe you about 'photographical' places and photo-retailer ;-)

Mainly the surrounding of the Dome and the old part of the town has a real buzz. But beware of the pocket pickers.......they are trained to select tourists..... :)

Here is my favourite hatmaker - caps as well in the style of the thirties which i like a lot.....:

The hatmaker | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and his caps:

Derby Sport | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

the shots are from my beginning in using a Leica rangefinder, develop b&w (again) and scanning...........too much for one........

Back