Hello From Reading, Pa!

I've been involved in photography for at least 40 years, I was a pro for a short while mostly weddings, but I didn't like it much, and now I'm in the computer business. Digital imaging is the best thing that ever happened to me photographically, I am a much better photographer now because digital has allowed me to slow down and work much more deliberatively.

i'm an Oly E30 User looking to simplify, I haven't been able to get "into" micro 4/3s or its current crop of competitors. They don't seem 'simpler' to me they just seem. . . mirrorless and viewfinderless. So I've been looking at the 'serious P&S' cameras like the Canon G12, and the Nikon P6000, BUT they still aren't 'quite' what I'm looking for. So for now, I find myself strongly attracted to Fuji X cameras, I will make a final decision in February of 2012. Until then, I will mostly lurk about, and contribute when I can, though I'm not one to allow a lack of knowledge get in the way of an opinion.

Glen, welcome aboard and thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please make yourself at home. I think you'll find there are quite a few "old timers" here.

I'll look forward to your involvement and your decision regarding your smaller but serious compact.:)

Welcome Glen, from right down the road in West Chester. There's a bit of a Philly area contingent around here. Unlike you, I have been able to get into m43 pretty heavily, but I'm also into the big brother / little brother X100 / X10 (or maybe one or both are sisters?) and a Ricoh GRD3 as well. There are some great little cameras out there today, all with slightly different strengths and weaknesses...

-Ray

Back