Fuji Hello from South Wales

ReD

Hall of Famer
Hello Everyone - Recently joined here though a member of the Photograpers Lounge.

Based in South Wales UK

Always have been interested in Photography but became more active after buying a Fuji F660 January 2013 and started having a lot of fun with it. I bought an X10 in May 2014 and although its nearly a year old I’m still learning. I also converted my old Fuji STX1 to pinhole.

Not much interested in Camera types and hypes but quite passionate about seeing good images whatever the source. Note I invariably dislike overblown HDR images and much prefer subtle manipulation.

My philosphy is to spend as little as I can on equipment & software. (There’s a good reason for that). All programs I use are free or came bundled with a mix of cheapo cameras over the years. Primarily I use MyFinepix Studio, Picasa, a very recently downloaded Perfect Effects 9, sometimes Corel Painter Essentials 2. This occasionally boosted with Snapseed & iColorama on an ipad. I can’t say I’ve mastered any program but get quite a kick out of seeing the image develop and evolve.

Generally I like experimenting so haven’t attached myself to any particular style or genre.

I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can, and having fun.

Cheers

Roger

Welcome, Roger!
I have an X10 too, and more often than not it's all I need to replace my beloved Tri-X with a look that I like just as much.
Looking forward to see some of your images.

Cheers, Ken

Hi Ken I guess you have seen a lot already
I've read your comments on the X10 & Tri X but its been so long since I used it I've forgotten .. What is the main attribute of Tri X to you?

Hi Ken I guess you have seen a lot already
I've read your comments on the X10 & Tri X but its been so long since I used it I've forgotten .. What is the main attribute of Tri X to you?
The main attribute? To mention character doesn't quite fit since to me it's rather the most flexible and forgiving B&W film I know of, constantly inviting me to experiment. There've been other great B&W films as well (R.I.P. Agfa APX 25) but Tri-X must be my all-time favorite. Imagine my surprise when I got the X10 and found out what those 350 grams are capable of. After 3 years I still love that camera to bits.

One from back home ... cheers ...

View attachment 23370

Back