Hello from Spain

gsaronni

Regular
I use to read this forum often. I have a heavy DSLR gear but I use more often a grat pair of compacts: Ricoh GX200 and a Canon G9

Now I am trying to decide what compact I am getting since I am selling the Ricoh

When I have decided the model I will post here some shots. I really liked the EX1, but maybe it is too big for my bike and mountain walk arounds, and the other one is the LX5

The S95 is not of my interest because the slow tele and the lack of hot shoe. I discovered I use always my Ricoh between 24 and 35mm(cause the f4.4 tele) and I use a lot the Metz 20 C-2 with it

My best serious compact was the KM A2, but it was not very compact:). Maybe the camera with I learned the most

Regards

Welcome back to the new reborn Serious Compacts, gsaronni! I'll be looking forward to seeing those photographs of yours, once you make your mind up and get ahold of that new camera. In the meantime, don't hesitate to add some from your Ricoh or Canon.;)

Yes, I'm in your shoes too, as I'm looking to purchase something new and I'm struggling a little between a better point and shoot (LX5, G12, EX1) or something like the GF1 or PEN camera. I'll be curious to see what you decide upon and why.
Also, please post some of your pics from Spain, as it is one of my favorite places. Even though my best pictures there are from when I was still using film. :D

Back