Hello from Sweden!

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
Hi all!

Just stumbled upon this site and thought it seemed like a nice place to hang :)

Have been shooting Micro Four Thirds for many years, and multiple other brands troughout the years. Just recently bought a Nikon. So I thought it could be nice with a cross-system forum like this. I always feel splitted when using one brand one day and then next day I use something else and "can't" post on the same forum :)

So here I am. I am Daniel from Gothenburg in Sweden. 44 years young. Have some other interests as well, bicycling, paddling, computers, workshop projects. Photography however is something I've been doing ever since I was a kid. Not on a high level by all means, just for fun! I like post processing and that part much also, video is great fun but not something I do so much because it takes so much time. Don't have so much spare time unfortunately since we are renovating an old house. My main interest is landscape photography I think, along with nature and casual photography of every kind.

I hope to find some great content here and get to know you.

Best wishes!

Daniel

_DSC0975.jpg
I

Thanks all! Feels good to be here :)

Ok, I can post some pics from renovation project :) it is like half way done. At first we had some carpenters here, and tile guys. But we had so much problems with those, they cheated on us and also the work was so bad so we had to re-do half of the things. So we kicked them out and started doing it ourselves instead. Well, mostly me then, my girlfriend is good at painting though. But it is fun, I kinda like it, just that it takes so much time. Have a regular job 40h a week also :) but things are starting to settle. We have just finished the kitchen and our "own" rooms are done also, and bathroom and bedroom. So we can have normal lives and take this as it comes.

Kitchen was a big project, had never put tiles before, but it was not too difficult once you got started. There were much fiddling to get all furniture perfect but the result got good.

Before:
P1050575.jpg

After:
_4230266-2.jpg
(you can see this gray wooden like floor, we have the same on whole floor :) it was easiest)

We have had much problem with the atrium courtyard, it was water intrusion problem here. So we fixed it (twice, with two different companies). But it has still not got good. It breathes water from the underground somehow so it destroyed the new tiles. We have to re-do it next year, maybe with a (openable) roof so we can use the courtyard all year. Actually the season for sunny nice days in the courtyard are quite short in sweden :)

We tried a quick fix with this black bitumen mass but it didn't work. So it was just to remove the new tiles:
_1020658.jpg

Quick fix didn't work, so I built a temporary roof so we can do this big project another time:
_1020688.jpg
(Our house is a "terraced house" I think it is called in english. Three houses in one. We live in the middle as you might see)

Inside we have like a big area, living room and hallway, we have changed floor everywhere. It is a kind of ventilated floor so we will have no moisture problems again.
P1050554.jpg

To keep the facade upp we have at least finished the entrance part, outside, and a small cultivation thing there:
20220515_175532_2.jpg

As I wrote we have prioriticed our "own" rooms, here is my "office", very good that I fixed it because then covid came and we had to work from home:
_5170251.jpg

The most fun project was the backside however. Balcony building, this is more my thing:
_1020947.jpg

And we have fixed some cultivations on the back as well, my girlfriend likes to cultivate different kind of cabbage and things you can eat. Along with some flowers. Nice place to eat brakefast, the picture is very fresh, only some minutes old :)
20220819_110330.jpg

So we hope to get inner entrance and hallway done this autumn/winter, after that it is not too much left indoors.
It takes some time doing all yourself but you learn alot and it is quite fun in between also. And you can get the result just as you want! :)

Last edited:
Back