Hello from UK - x100

Glyn

Regular
Hi I guess I'm a seasoned amateur photographer as I've been photoraphing for over 60 yrs. (box camera, et al to the x100).

I've had my X100 about 10 days & am reasonably familiar with it now. It's a fantastic camera, excellant lens & the low noise at high iso settings is out of this world! I'm still getting used to using iso 1600 + with impunity, even for A4 prints.

Once I got used to the 28mm fixed lens, it's been able to do everything I throw at it, so far. I look at some of the photos other users have taken and can only say they are fantastic.

Cheers for now, Glyn

Hiya Glyn, greetings from blustery Scotland.
Do show us what you've been throwing at it - it's all about the pictures here! Have a look at the Salon Challenge, open to all, runs for 2 weeks and the latest one has only just begun.
Happy shooting,
Heather

Hiya Glyn, greetings from blustery Scotland.
Do show us what you've been throwing at it - it's all about the pictures here! Have a look at the Salon Challenge, open to all, runs for 2 weeks and the latest one has only just begun.
Happy shooting,
Heather

Thanks Heather,
Once my forum & X100 confidence levels build up, I'll certainly do that.
Glyn

Thanks everyone who posted for the warm welcome - very much appreciated. A lot of the X100 photos I've done so far have been merely to explore the cameras capabilties. Very impressed! I have taken some pukka photos, printed some on A4 colour, and have reduced their size to approx 300 kb with a view to putting them on the forum. Believe it or not, I don't know how to do this. So I'll search around the forum - bound to be some info on this somewhere.
Thanks again, Glyn

Thanks everyone who posted for the warm welcome - very much appreciated. A lot of the X100 photos I've done so far have been merely to explore the cameras capabilties. Very impressed! I have taken some pukka photos, printed some on A4 colour, and have reduced their size to approx 300 kb with a view to putting them on the forum. Believe it or not, I don't know how to do this. So I'll search around the forum - bound to be some info on this somewhere.
Thanks again, Glyn
PS Found a post "How to post images in forum threads".
Tried to upload a photo to the Members Gallery. No luck-did something wrong. Will try again sometime.
Glyn

PPS Thanks Malcolm, will get around to your suggestion. G.

Luke and Amin will be able to help, or maybe if one of the emeritus mods are about they can talk you through it. I was a slow learner at that bit. I found it easier to post on Flickr then insert the pics into the forum posts. I think to get the pic into the members gallery you might have to resize to 1024 x 1024 or less?

Luke and Amin will be able to help, or maybe if one of the emeritus mods are about they can talk you through it. I was a slow learner at that bit. I found it easier to post on Flickr then insert the pics into the forum posts. I think to get the pic into the members gallery you might have to resize to 1024 x 1024 or less?

Thanks again Heather, I've never joined/posted to Flickr previously. Re members gallery, I think I know where I went wrong so I'll give that another go. If further problems, I'll try the Flickr route.

Hi Glyn, welcome to Serious Compacts. I occasionally have the X100 in my camera bag. Where in the UK are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh.

Success, I think with the Members Gallery method. One of my x100 photos is now on Members Gallery, referenced below.

Glyn

PS Yes it appears to have worked ok. When I've played aroud more with this metod, I may eventually go the Flickr route.

202_Chester_Arcade_2_Enh_resize.jpg

Hi Glyn, welcome to Serious Compacts. I occasionally have the X100 in my camera bag. Where in the UK are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh.

Hi Karen, thanks for your post. I live near Chester. I'll check out your photos on Flickr. Three of mine now in Serious Compacts Memers Gallery.

Glyn, thanks so much for jumping right in with your introduction - and I can't wait to see you X100 photographs. I'm an X100 shooter myself.:cloud-9-039:

Welcome!:drinks:

Hi BBW,
I've managed a quick glance thru' some of your Flickr photos. There's some excellent photos in the few I looked thru' so far.

You'll appreciate that with my X100 being new, I'm out & about with it, learning how to use it properly.So not much time on the internet, etc. I'm very impressed with the X100 so far. Since I got it the UK weather has not been very good, with a dearth of sunshine & blue skies.

I haven't joined Flickr yet but there are 3 of my photos which can be accessed via my post #16 in this thread.

Further to my post to BBW above , & others I've now moved to the X100 Images forum as this will be the camera I'll be using mostly, thanks.

Back