Hello from Watford in the UK

mta1963

Rookie
Hello - I came across your site while spending time on line looking at my next "compact" purchase, I have had a G12 for some time which has been great and is now due to be a "hand me down" to my daughter.
When i found this great site i was amazed at the variation and quality of pics taken by members, its very inspiring!
At the Mo i am chewing over the options of Canon GX1 v Fuju X100 v Canon 650d (with my 38mm 1.8 lens) as my next "compact" to supersede my G12, decissions decisions....

Just reading through the posts on your great site have made me think about other alternatives,

Best Regards Mike

Helooo and welcome from another UKer.

The list above is pretty good. The Canon G1x has great IQ but is pipped to the post by the X100 which has fairy dust sprinkled in every camera!!!! I love mine but it does have a fixed 35mm equiv lens!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome

Helooo and welcome from another UKer.

The list above is pretty good. The Canon G1x has great IQ but is pipped to the post by the X100 which has fairy dust sprinkled in every camera!!!! I love mine but it does have a fixed 35mm equiv lens!

Thank you for the welcome and valued input. The G1X sounds cool as its a Canon and feels like a follow on to my G12 HOWEVER i have heard so much about the X100 that is also really tweaking my interest, the fixed lens is not an issue for me, Cheers Mike

Thank you for the welcome and valued input. The G1X sounds cool as its a Canon and feels like a follow on to my G12 HOWEVER i have heard so much about the X100 that is also really tweaking my interest, the fixed lens is not an issue for me, Cheers Mike

Have a look at some image examples here> Flickr: Finepix X100 and also on my flickr. Flickr: andywest1's Photostream Scroll down to pics. They will say what camera they were taken with.

Great Pics

Have a look at some image examples here> Flickr: Finepix X100 and also on my flickr. Flickr: andywest1's Photostream Scroll down to pics. They will say what camera they were taken with.

Great Pics there! I loved the ones taken in Rye, Winchelsea Beach etc. I spent all my holidays from the age of 8-17 down there and the area gets into your blood. I was down there 2 months back for my daughters birthday.

Great Piccs which are really inspiring, Many Thanks. Mike

Great Pics there! I loved the ones taken in Rye, Winchelsea Beach etc. I spent all my holidays from the age of 8-17 down there and the area gets into your blood. I was down there 2 months back for my daughters birthday.

Great Piccs which are really inspiring, Many Thanks. Mike
No worries, glad you like them.

Back