Hello from Winnipeg, Canada

Lumiere

Hi all,

I am from Winnipeg, in the center of Canada and have been involved with photography for the last 30+ years. Mainly self taught during high school and university I learned photography, composition and darkroom work. I eventually was the manager of a local speciality camera shop and taught some on the side.

During that time I have used Minolta X-700's, Contax RTS II and 167 with very nice Zeiss glass and most recently Pentax K-10 and K-7. I have always had a better than average compact to carry but now have a NEX-5 and a C/Y adapter for the Zeiss lenses.

For the last 15 years or so I have been doing a lot of photomicrography as part of my job, but only in the last few years have I gotten back to doing personal work. It is hard to photograph your family and life through a microscope! The NEX has really started the creative juices flowing again.

Lumiere, thanks so much for your intro - and for making me laugh as I think, sometimes, my own family feels they're under my own version of a photographic "microscope".;)

I'm very glad to welcome you here and can't wait to see what you've been up to with those cameras, especially with your creative juicer - that is your NEX!

Back