Fuji Hello, new to Fuji

ba1988

Regular
Name
ABurgess
Hi All,

I have been using Nikon for 3 years, recently decided to sell as I just wasn't using it enough (casual photographer!).

Read up a lot as was missing it, then stumbled upon Fuji X. Went for the X-A2 with the XC 16-50 and XC50-230. I have just added the XF27 as well.

Have to say, blown away. My D3200 was good and I had some decent glass but it always took quite a bit of PP (I am not too bad in LR) to get really stunning pics. The FUJI JPEGs are something else. I also note the lack of noise at ISO3200+...My D3200 managed maybe 1600 before significant noise...

Anyway, seems like a lot steer away from the X-A2, but I don't mind the lack of VF...and all the lenses are fantastic.

Cheers, I'll look forward to contributing!

A couple - one with the XC50-230 and the other with the XC16-50
Duck.jpg

Sunset2.jpg

Those are great. I use the 50-230 on the XT2 and love it. Cannot beat the performance-to-price ratio, and even in absolute terms (price be damned) it's a great zoom.

thank you! This seems like a really helpful place.

yes the Lens quality is amazing. I always found the lower end nikkor to be poor (the 35 prime was good however).

the xf27 is also good...rain here so no chance to get out with it yet!

Welcome! Those are some cracking images with which to "open your account". Like Kyle I rate the 50-230 highly. It's a real bargain for what it is. I sold the 55-200 and kept the 50-230 because it is great for travel. I also have the 27, itself an excellent lens although a bit of a pain without an aperture ring!

You have come to the right place - enjoy!

Thank you Lightmancer. I have seen some of your stuff on here and its incredible - certainly something to aim for!
I was shocked at the 50-230...especially the OIS. Shooting handheld 1/50 at 230 and still tack sharp.

That is good to hear about the XF27. I have never been used to aperture rings so I am not finding it too bad fortunately! I have a nice B&W profile set on the camera and the 27 really brings it out.

Cheers

wow. Stunning. I think other manufacturers could learn something about lenses at this price point.

out of interest, what body were you using?

XT1. I also borrowed a friend's X-E2 for the trip. My bag was a little Domke f5B, and I had the XE2 with 18-55 kit zoom at all times, and then the 50-230 on the XT1 during the day, and at night switch out for the 35 f1.4 on the XT1. All of it fit in the Domke, though it was tight. So I always had something at-hand that could go wide and get an animal that might be close to us, or shots of us in the vehicle, but I also always had the zoom ready. That worked really, really well. Minimal lens changing and dust issues inside the camera.

Sounds like a nice setup! The XT-1 would be my Fuji choice if money no object, sadly I have other expensive hobbies so have to spread the cost!

I am off to Dubrovnik this week and certainly considering the XF27 and the 50-230...leaving the 16-50 at home. I think the XF27 will stay attached...its just incredible.

Back