Fuji Hello

joeradza

Regular
So busy reading posts, that I just found the intro thread. I'm an old dog from NY who has spent some time in the Nevada Sierra's. I cut my teeth using a Leica IIIf, so all the "quirks" of the X100 seem laughable to me. Hope fujixspot prospers and we all have a "spot" to gather and enjoy our love of photography. Regards, Joe

Thanks. What do they say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? I know I have a lot more quirks than the camera. I just shot 300 images of a friend's wedding as a guest. Auto A (f/2), auto Iso (1600-3200) and shutter about 1/30. Easily 75 quality images that I'll make into a book for him. I'm working on converting them to B & W. In all my years, none of my less quirky cameras could have pulled this off. Loving the X100.

Joe

I feel the same about the X10's quirks, having to keep in mind a good deal of fairly arbitrary rules in order to get the best quality out of it... but I kinda like that aspect of it. :)

Thanks. I know, as much as I like photography, I really love painters like Gauguin and Picasso. But, I hear you need talent to be a painter. What's up with that? LOL

Joe

Joe, I'll add my welcome here. I'm so glad you found your way here... There are a couple of us New Yawkers around. And as for X100 fans, I'd say more than just a few.:drinks:

Beautiful country out there, hard to earn a living, my oldest son born there, but, a born and bred NY'er. Retiree now always looking for peace and quiet.

Back