Helloooo

Dewi Sant

Veteran
Name
Guess?
Hi folks, apologies for not being around here for a while - it must be a while, the forum name has changed! The last few months have been something of a mixed bag and I've just not had any time to devote to photo taking. After the summer road trips I had a couple of months of ill health which meant I couldn't walk too far, then I spent a while helping my lad do a few things around his house - he bought the place 3 years and only just got around to doing somethnig with it.

I've also been hunting for another car - some of you may recall I had the red Mazda MX5 (Miata for our American cousins). Well that's gone after a wee debacle with Mazda over a faulty powered roof. There was still a month's warranty left on it but they refused to repair it leaving me with a potential bill of about £1400, so I got rid via one of those "We buy your Car" websites. They gave me a surprisingly good offer for it - more than I was offered in part exchange. Anyway, I now have an older car - a 2006 BMW Z4, I like my soft tops. It was a bit older than I ideally wanted but I couldn't resist this one, it's got just 19.5k miles on it at 8 years old and is in quite a rare colour!

I'm hoping to get out taking photos again soon and hopefully start taking a more active role on the forum again.

The new girl:

View attachment 101738

View attachment 101739

I forgot to mention that the rest of both photos look great, too. Well staged....the clouds in the first are great, and I love the colors and the steeple in the second.

Still, I want a racing harness and to test the rollbars by getting sideways on a racetrack!

Thanks folks - glad you like the new girl. She fits in the garage well too. As a plus the weather here in Lancashire has been quite nice of late so we've managed to get out for some airy top down runs. Today I picked up a mate who's just had an op on his hand so can't drive and we took off for the Lower Barn Cafe at Rivington. Apple pie and a cup of strong tea - lovely it was :)

Boo hoo.....I hate you!

I had a couple of Z4's. A grey low miler Mk1 and a bright red/cream leather tin folding top which I had to give up to transport any two of 7 grand children around now and again. I still wake up sobbing for my loss.

Enjoy, enjoy ....enjoy.

Good to see you back! And I agree, soft tops are fantastic... if you avoid parking places under trees. ;-)
Weather looks good in England for this time of the year.
We had a fantastic convertible-summer here.

Back