Fuji HELP: Fuji X-E1 firware update

adubo

Regular
Name
Andrew
hi all,

hows it going? im anxiously waiting for my X-E1, which is coming in tomorrow. my question is hat i dont have any fuji lenses, as far as i've read is that i need a fuji lens to update the camera FW (the focus peaking capability is kinda important to me since ill be shooting with LTM's and M mount lenses)

does the Fuji cameras sold these days come with the updated FW or can i update it without a Fuji lens (im really hoping)?

thanks guys. i appreciate all the help i can get since im nwe to the system

Andrew

i've been reading stuff off the internet and watched vids on youtube that i need to have a specific FW version of the body and the lens to update it or something. i dunno, im confused!

You need a specific body version before certain lens updates can be done, but not the other way round.

Update the body and all will be well. I'd not worry about it much. If you bought a new X-E1 the latest should be in it it, but if not in two weeks a new update is coming out so you could even wait for that.

You need a specific body version before certain lens updates can be done, but not the other way round.

Update the body and all will be well. I'd not worry about it much. If you bought a new X-E1 the latest should be in it it, but if not in two weeks a new update is coming out so you could even wait for that.

wew! thanks, John. i was worried, really. thanks!

Back