Fuji Help! Lost data on SD card ( X100) SOLVED

Boid

All-Pro
Name
Rajiv
I shot over 3.5GB of pictures on my 4GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC card. This is the card that is always in my X100 and I usually format the card in camera after I transfer pictures to my computer. Never had an issue till date.

The card shows 3.65GB of data used (54.5MB free) when I check properties in windows explorer.

But when I browse the file system, it shows the directory structure on the Panasonic LX5 with 12 pictures in the DCIM folder!

No sign of the Fuji folders or the pics!

I have reformatted the card on the X100 at least a dozen times since I used it with the LX5.

I've tried connecting the camera directly to the computer, as well as plugging in using a card reader, with the same response.

I tried using a SD card recovery software, called CardRecovery, which scanned the sectors (apparently) and did nada. Just threw up the same 12 Panasonic pictures.

The SD card still shows 3.65GB used space in Windows Explorer, after running the recovery software.

Any ideas what to do next?

The photos taken months ago by the LX5 show up on the X100. No sign of the pictures taken on the X100 last night.

Yep. Tried refreshing. It still shows the same 12 images in a DCIM folder.

don't do anything that might write to the card. don't try formatting it. don't copy anything to it or take any more images on it. do not use windows defrag or fix errors.

download a copy of recuva Recuva - Download and try that. read the instructions!

unless you have a copy of sandisk rescupro which is very slow but will even recover from a formatted card.

I'm terribly sorry to have bothered you guys. I dug around a bit more in my wallet, and discovered that I have umm... ANOTHER ExtremePro 4GB SDHC card. This one has all the images from last night.

What can I say, I'm a complete idiot. *drool*

I did download RescuePro in the meanwhile, and then discovered that I had misplaced my activation code. A frantic search through my chest of drawers revealed nothing. Which led me to rifling through my wallet and the happy discovery.

Really appreciate your help though!

.... now on to figuring out how to delete this post.

Back