Fuji Help! Which Leica R adapter for APO ROM leica?

pniev

Student for life
Hi, I hope someone can help me out!

I am looking for an adapter for Leica R Rom lenses. I tried the kiwi adapter (which is apparently the same as the Kipon adapter) to mount a Leica 180mm APO Elmarit 2.8 to the Fuji x-pro1. It also didn't work for any other ROM lens available in the store. That does not work. It does work on an older APO Telyt 180mm 3.4. After scratching our (the guy in the store and me) heads, we found that there is a small difference in the various mounts of R lenses. The newer ROM lenses do not fit on a leicaflex either. The older ones do fit.

Can anyone recommend an adapter that works? Do the novoflex or fotodiox work?

your help is much appreciated.

Thanks! Peter

Peter, a ROM lens would never have fit a Leicaflex. There are years of development (and three cams) between them. I would recommend Novoflex, but counsel checking with them first.

Sent from another Galaxy

Thanks, Bill. I will do that.
I had not thought about contacting them. Just looked at their website (and others). Interestingly no one makes a distinction between the two types of Leica R mounts. Or I have missed something.
I will send them an email.
Peter

The basic mount is not the problem, it's the ROM contacts themselves that make a subtle fifference. Leica is famous for backward compatibility and maintained it through the one- two- and three-cam variants but the ROM lenses (also offered as a conversion) meant some loss of that compatibility.

Sent from another Galaxy

Thanks for the clarification, Bill. But I wonder if there is more. See the attached photo, showing the differences I talked about. The adapter got stuck on that little embossed line (sorry, don't know how to call it in english). The ROM contacts did not cause problems.

View attachment 3195

Attachments

• Leica_R_differences.jpg
    Leica_R_differences.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 154
Back