Humor Helpful Info for Mu-43 Migrants

My Favorite Martian- "Uncle Martin" crashes his spaceship trying to avoid an X-15 "only doing 4000mph".????????

I definitely remember this show but, at 5-7 years old, I missed a few lines. Thanks for this one. Now the long game begins, i.e., how do I work this into a conversation with someone.

Was going through my archives, and came across this photo I took of the TV. The Mrs and I couldn’t stop laughing.
1641736042443.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The title of this thread is a Trojan horse, really. I just wanted to introduce you all to the react options at the bottom of posts which Mu-43 in all its paucity does not possess. This is 99.9% of the reason why this is a better website, and I suspect it's why most of you came over here and expressed distaste for something or other at the other website. Wise move.

Principal among these superior options is the "cool" reaction, or :cool:

This reaction gives you a little extra "umph" when the thumbs-up or "like" button isn't sufficient. Now, that's not to say that "cool" ranks above "like." But rather, that there are some situations where it is just the more appropriate response. When and why is a forum secret, but we will watch and wait for you guys to catch on and perhaps offer helpful or not-so-helpful critique where needed.

Please note that if you find the critique unhelpful, judicious use of the :unsure: or "Hhhhhmm" button is considered correct in response. Instances of :cautious: or "Oh?" are generally considered rude and should be avoided.

There are a couple more good react options here at Cameraderie, but this quick tutorial should get you started. Thank you for your time.
I've received several 'cools'. It seemed to me the equivalent of 'whatever', like in: "Cool story, bro."

Regarding SciFi, Lost in Space has been rebooted on Netflix. The third (and I think final) season was just released. Fun show.

I loved Babylon 5 until the last series, IIRC. What is it with last series? Lost, Game of Thrones, B5, Kimmy Schmidt...although Kimmy was revitalised by Zachary Quinto doing echo location, to be fair.
Last seasons are notoriously difficult. Even the best series of all time (clickbait much? 😋), The Wire, had a final season that didn't quite live up to the first four.

Breaking Bad final season was good though. And I'm counting on Better Call Saul's final season to be even better, seeing how incredibly good that series has been in all aspects.

And completely different, but I loved the final season of The Good Place, my favourite comedy series out there

Last seasons are notoriously difficult.
Particularly in Babylon 5's case. B5 was written as a five season arc, compressed partway through into four seasons because it looked like the fifth season was going to be cancelled, and then the money did come through for a fifth season. I would suggest it's probably better interpreted as four seasons plus an add on.

Last seasons are notoriously difficult. Even the best series of all time (clickbait much? 😋), The Wire, had a final season that didn't quite live up to the first four.

Breaking Bad final season was good though. And I'm counting on Better Call Saul's final season to be even better, seeing how incredibly good that series has been in all aspects.

And completely different, but I loved the final season of The Good Place, my favourite comedy series out there
Yeah, The Good Place was great, 22 minutes of joy each week. The last season was ok, I thought, but a little too sentimental perhaps? The best final season ever must be Dark. That wrapped everything up extremely satisfactorily. It was possibly my favourite TV series of the last few years.

Particularly in Babylon 5's case. B5 was written as a five season arc, compressed partway through into four seasons because it looked like the fifth season was going to be cancelled, and then the money did come through for a fifth season. I would suggest it's probably better interpreted as four seasons plus an add on.
Yikes that's a recipe for an underwhelming final season indeed
I thought the serial killer plotline was stretching the credibility a bit too far, which I always felt was very unfortunate in a series so intent on - and succesful at - blending entertainment with a slap to the face of lived-experience reality and commentary on so many societal issues. The rest of season 5 was as good as ever, and so many years later I still haven't seen anything better.

Yeah, The Good Place was great, 22 minutes of joy each week. The last season was ok, I thought, but a little too sentimental perhaps? The best final season ever must be Dark. That wrapped everything up extremely satisfactorily. It was possibly my favourite TV series of the last few years.
It was sentimental alright, but for a hilarious comedy show posing such existential questions, I think they wrapped things up very elegantly.

Dark has been added to my list, thanks.

I LOVE Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I can't wait for season 6 of Better Call Saul. I may even like it better than Breaking Bad.

I've received several 'cools'. It seemed to me the equivalent of 'whatever', like in: "Cool story, bro."

Regarding SciFi, Lost in Space has been rebooted on Netflix. The third (and I think final) season was just released. Fun show.
The new Lost in Space is fun. Although every family member is such a paragon of competence no matter how obscure the subject, and they also seem to have all of the gear they ever need despite not really carrying much with them.

The new Lost in Space is fun. Although every family member is such a paragon of competence no matter how obscure the subject, and they also seem to have all of the gear they ever need despite not really carrying much with them.
How does that differ from the original? It's exactly what it should be, with a more modern (yet somehow less-cool) robot.

Back