Humor Helpful Info for Mu-43 Migrants

Man you guys watch alot of tv. I think I watch the aquarium screen saver on ROKU the most. Probably due to leftover flashbacks from the 60's. Speaking of which, I can remember "It's About Time". Great show, I think it lasted one season...maybe. It had the catchiest little jingle to it as well. I find myself singing it out loud when I'm alone in the car making faces at people when I'm stuck in traffic.

Man you guys watch alot of tv. I think I watch the aquarium screen saver on ROKU the most. Probably due to leftover flashbacks from the 60's. Speaking of which, I can remember "It's About Time". Great show, I think it lasted one season...maybe. It had the catchiest little jingle to it as well. I find myself singing it out loud when I'm alone in the car making faces at people when I'm stuck in traffic.
"It's about time
it's about space
about two men in the strangest place."

We used to sub the last line with:

"It's about time to slap your face."

"It's about time
it's about space
about two men in the strangest place."

We used to sub the last line with:

"It's about time to slap your face."
I remember being completely enthralled in everything Space. Thanks to the Space Program, Mercury, Gemini, etc., I think alot of 10 and 11 year old kids were back then. One event that stands out in my mind, that I'll never forget, was standing on Avenue U between east 27th and east 28th street in Brooklyn in front of our apartment. It was late afternoon early evening and the sky exploded. It lit up brighter than anything I saw before or since. Along with the flash was a definite crackling sound and a meteor appeared, travelling north. I knew which direction it was heading because as it disappeared behind the facade of the storefront that we lived above. I ran upstairs screaming in amazement. My mother almost had a heart attack wondering what I was so worked up over. I ran to the back of the apartment where a window overlooked a back alley. From that spot we could see Manhattan, and with my young eyes I could even make out the Empire State building poking out of it's skyline. The trail of that meteor hung in the air for a long time and appeared to cross right over the top of us and Manhattan, disappearing somewhere north. I found out later they thought it may have gone down in Canada. Long story short, I think it was the same year "It's About Time" aired, or there abouts.

Last edited:
I walked into Alien with very little idea what it was. I then proceeded to see it five times. I've always thought that was such a beautifully crafted movie. I always have thought that Sigourney Weaver was such a cool action hero type. That was especially true in the sequel, which was the war movie to the original's horror movie. That was also a favorite of mine, especially the fight sequence at the end, which was so well done.
The first two movies were the gold standard and the only ones worth counting in my book, although the first AVP was decent. AVP: Requiem was the second worst movie I've ever seen, behind only Silent Hill. Alien 3 & 4 just got worse as the franchise progressed, and even Ridley Scott's return to the franchise in Prometheus and Alien Covenant didn't improve things much.

Are we 6 pages in and still no mention of a certain time-traveling Doctor?
Yeah.

A seriously good rebirth with Christopher Ecclestone, followed by political correctness gone mad with Jodie Whittaker , poor writing, directing and production (and yes, I've seen every episode of Dr Who since its beginnings, the later ones many times).

Wooden acting, waving the sonic screwdriver around like an ill-aimed AK-47, poor plots (non-existent? ), poor direction. All put me right off. And also yes, I did watch all the episodes.

Yeah.

A seriously good rebirth with Christopher Ecclestone, followed by political correctness gone mad with Jodie Whittaker , poor writing, directing and production (and yes, I've seen every episode of Dr Who since its beginnings, the later ones many times).

Wooden acting, waving the sonic screwdriver around like an ill-aimed AK-47, poor plots (non-existent? ), poor direction. All put me right off. And also yes, I did watch all the episodes.
Yes, we started with the reboot, but kinda lost interest when Peter Capaldi started winding down.

Yeah.

Eccleston was great, and the stories in his one series were top-notch. ("Are you my mummy" really gave me the creeps). Matt Smith was surprisingly good, I thought. Tennant - nah, too much gurning. Capaldi - one good story (the one where he has to chip away at a block of ice(?) for millennia). The writing has been desperately poor for a while. I only watch it out of loyalty really.

Are we 6 pages in and still no mention of a certain time-traveling Doctor?
I, too have kept watching it mainly out of hope that it will get better, but Chibnall's writing has been a major disappointment. I was not opposed to a female Doctor, and the three seasons of Broadchurch with Tennant, Olivia Coleman, and Whittaker as Beth Lattimer were excellent. Unfortunately, Chibnall seemed to have used all of his best writing on Broadchurch, and he gave Whittaker absolutely nothing to work with the last 5 years. I'm not certain RTD can pull the show from life support, but if he can somehow recreate the kind of writing he displayed in "Blink" and "The Waters of Mars", there may still be hope.

The Timeless Child storyline is a fiasco and it'll take a lot to recover from once RTD relaunches under the new Who production group.
Yeah, he doubled down with the nonsense with the whole Flux story arc. The side story of Bell and Vinder was sweet, but what purpose did that story arc have to the whole season? I know it was too much to ask, but coming out this season and saying The Master was lying as usual and the Timeless Child story was just to mess with The Doctor's head might have been the cheap way to go, but . . . . nooo, instead we got Swarm and Azure, two absolutely pointless villains.

Back