Fuji Here I am - new to Fuji

elandel

Regular
Hello all. Here I am. New to Fuji but really can't wait to get my first Fuji X-series.
I have a complete m4/3 setup with pro 4/3 lenses but did not bond with M1 so I'm selling or trading it for a X-T1, maybe. In the meanwhile my dilemma is: E1 or E2?
I'm a jpg shooter even if I always shhot jpg+raw but never process it, only 3 or 4 times a year.

I'm from Milan, Italy and love shooting landscapes and architecture. Also holiday photos. Sometimes a little bit of macro.

Willing to learn about these cameras and system.

Hey Elandel! Good seeing you here!

By E1 or E2, or are you talking about XE1 vs. XE2? If you are waiting for the XT1, I wouldn't spend too much money on your future "backup" camera. So for now, go for the XE1. You can probably find used body only XE1 for ~$400. Used XE2's are $800-900. IMO, the image quality between the XP1, XE1/2 and XM1 (and even the XA1 with a conventional sensor) are more or less the same. The XT1 will likely be about the same as well. The main differences are the operational speed, viewfinder quality, LCD, and buttons/dials. The XE2 does have face detection and better manual focus aids.

Look forward to seeing you around here!

Hey Elandel! Good seeing you here!

By E1 or E2, or are you talking about XE1 vs. XE2? If you are waiting for the XT1, I wouldn't spend too much money on your future "backup" camera. So for now, go for the XE1. You can probably find used body only XE1 for ~$400. Used XE2's are $800-900. IMO, the image quality between the XP1, XE1/2 and XM1 (and even the XA1 with a conventional sensor) are more or less the same. The XT1 will likely be about the same as well. The main differences are the operational speed, viewfinder quality, LCD, and buttons/dials. The XE2 does have face detection and better manual focus aids.

Look forward to seeing you around here!

Thanks. Yes X-E1 and X-E2. My dilemma is get the X-E2 and live happy for a while or get a X-E1 and then the XT1 when it comes out? But then I'm not sure I want to get a new released camera which is not thourghly tested. Dont want to be the company's beta tester. Just happened with the Nikon D600 and sold al my Nikon gear. Decisions - decisions....

Or just get the XE1, be happy with it for a few months while you wait for others to beta test the XT1!

If there are a lot of complaints about the XT1, then you can wait for the fixes. Or get the XE2 instead. :)

Hello and welcome elandel. I agree with Armando - there are some great deals on X-E1's at the moment. I recently upgraded to the X-E2 but am thinking of hanging on to my X-E1 as a second body rather than sell it for $400. While you wait for the X-T1 to mature (eg firmware updates) start buying some of that amazing Fuji glass.

Thanks to you all. My X-E2 should come next week and 'm really anxious to try it. I went for a X-E2 because I think its the best buy if you're not thinking about the X-T1, and I made the decision to skip the X-T1 because, for what I understand, overall IQ is basically the same and also handling. The viewfinder should be the big improvement for xt1 but I think the one on the x-e2 is no slouch at all.

Back