Fuji Heresy - what if fuji would make a mFT mount Camera?

the Tif

Rookie
Name
Tim F.
It once was a rumor, and i know it will never be true but, what if Fuji would have joint the microFT standart, instead of doing a own mount?

Would you like it? Or is it importand for you to have a "as big as possible" Sensor?

Without Considering the Lenses i allready own for mFT, i really like the compromise in sensor and resulting lens size and the lage dept of field a lot. And would love a Camera with this features and the new Xtrans sensor...

That'd be pretty cool I guess, since I own a wide assortment of m4/3 lenses already, and m4/3 users have been begging for a rangefinder style camera with an EVF for a long time so it'd probably sell well if it was a well done camera body.

On the other hand, part of the Fuji "magic" has got to be the really excellent Fujinon lenses, and I do appreciate the larger sensor's shallow DoF capability at times (the 35mm f/1.4 requires the 25mm f/0.95 to equal that on m4/3).

Ultimately I'd be happy to see Fuji add to the great m4/3 ecosystem, but I'm equally happy just seeing them continue to improve the X line like they have been. It offers something different & unique, and that many of us obviously appreciate. Another generation or two and I suspect they'll be very strong contenders in many fields, especially as the X-lens lineup expands.

Would you like it? Or is it importand for you to have a "as big as possible" Sensor?

For some, this is a reality....Nothing wrong with that.
The narrow DOF that I achieve when I mount my 85mm ƒ1.8 to my film SLR does not compare......(Which is why I understand why some people stick to full frame DSLRs)

One of the nice things about complementing a m4/3 setup with the Fuji is you get to play with different formats. Generally I think less "long and skinny" than the 3:2 format; it's one of the reasons I chose the 4/3 system when I was getting into digital, that and the fact that I'd always had good luck with the Olympus OM system. But, just as when I shot slides in 35mm, I can force myself to compose to the format, and I get different images. Comparing the E-M5 photos I take to those on the X100, I don't see the E-M5 wanting because it has a Bayer sensor and not an X-trans. The files from it are full of resolved detail with great tonal characteristics. I think Fuji has made a wise decision; there really is no one else doing the kind of cameras they are putting out. But a Fuji interchangeable lens m4/3 body would deliver the company's lens customers to Olympus and Panasonic. I don't know what the sales figures are, but I think they've positioned themselves perfectly. I'm sure they get a lot of people who instinctively turn their noses up at the idea of a 4/3 sensor without ever checking the quality they can produce.

That said, I'd certainly want to check out a m4/3 body they put out; I just don't think it is going to happen

Let's just say that if I'd thought EP5 would have had built in evf, shutter speed up top, and aperture ring control on the mount, I would have stuck "all m43."

As it is, I'm glad Oly gave me a reason to try the X-E1. It really is my favorite camera to shoot. Now, if Fuji were to make an m43 X-E1 I'd jump on that. So many amazing lenses.

It would have been nice. I think that had they gone that way that Fuji would be the #1 choice for photographers. I love my PENS and want an E-M5 very badly but if the X-Pro was a m4/3 body I would be all over it.

Back