Leica Hi All, Albert @ the keyboard

Well, it has been already sometime since I started following this forum and I think is time to subscribe... First I want to thank everybody for the amount of knowledge shared...

I have reached this place more because of M lenses than Leica cameras, but I suppose that is almost impossible to separate ones from the others... :)

I could tell you where I started, Werlisa Color, Yashica Lynx 14, Nikons Fs... but let's jump directly to my present gear much more "user friendly" in terms of portability now that I already have a treasure of more than half a century of experience in this life... :-D

I do both, film and digital. One of my beloved is a superlightweight MDa that has an Hologon glued to it...

kyno.jpg

3p6.jpg

Speaking about digital, I am shooting with a Ricoh GXR with the (well, with several) A12M modules...nothing else even comes close... :-D

io8v.jpg

qduf.jpg

And the last baby that has arrived this year, the last mohicane of the double gauss designed by Lothar Kölsch himself reaching the summit of that optical development, and weighting spectacular 60grms in the scale with hood... the fantastic Summarit 2.4/40 from a fading away Minilux:

qtt2.jpg

After sending the mother to hospital with one of those fatal E02, the baby was saved and came back with this birth certificate ;-) :

w59p.jpg

...again has happened... too much writing, sorry... ;-)

Thanks to everybody for your welcome.

I see that the Summarit attracts more attention than the Hologon, the Perar or the Sonnetar... :). Although with not much use until now (just arrived and my time resources are almost down to zero... :-( ...), clearly shows it is really a keeper... As Erwin Puts says in one of his comments:

"Contrast and crisp reproduction are excellent at all apertures. The MTF for the 1:5.6 setting indicates a performance as good as that of the Summicron-M 2/35 asph and slightly better than that of the Summicron-M 2/50mm.
Wide open the lens has a lower overall contrast and definition of very fine detail is not as crisp as with the 35mm lens. Distortion is totally absent and again we see the trade off between contrast wide open and distortion.
This lens has a consistently good image quality over most of the image field and at all apertures. Only the corners lag behind.
Where lenses do differ is in light falloff and flare. The Summarit has a vignetting wide open of more than 2 stops, which is visible. Flare reduction is excellent and up to the best current Leica lenses. Again: at very oblique angles and strong sources there are the inevitable ghost images. More important than the ghost reflections, is the control of the contrast in flary light. This is quite good."

Back