Hi All

kamicota

Rookie
Just joined the forum and actually have not been too long into Photography.

So obviously a very near beginner eh:rolleyes: :redface::redface:

Now am totally committed to working with Infrared Converted cameras.

And am looking presently at the Samsung NX series.

We live in Sparwood South East British Columbia Canada and am into Metallic Abstract Paintings - with a heat gun.

So for now am grateful for having been accepted to the forum

Cheers for Years
Colin

I have an Infrared converted Olympus EP-2, set full-spectrum for Visible+IR. Basically, makes it like Infrared film- where you use a filter to get rid of the unwanted portions of the spectrum. An R60 "Red" filter works quite well for IR. I've also used filters that absorb specific colors for some effects that are like IR Ektachrome.

I got it from Spencer's camera:

Spencers Camera & Photo Digital Camera Infrared (IR) Conversions, Modifications and IR Photography :: Welcome

What type of photography do you intend to do with the IR converted camera? The sensitivity is out to 1.1um, which is near-IR. It is not nearly deep enough to pick up thermal images.

Thanks Brian

I also have a Canon G6 Full Spectrum with 4 IR filters that go on the adapter tube - 600 680 720 and 760 and also a filter that allows to to take regular photos again.

But as you can image the big sensor in the NX cameras are what have intrigued to me to go another route too.

Will have to look again at Spencer's camera and see what converted models thy have too.

Although the larger sensor in the NX and the Sony NEX series seem to have the most pull

Cheers for Years
Colinb

Bigger pixels are always good for IR, and Electronic viewfinders make it much easier than any other type of camera. I went with the EP2 for the use of the VF-2 viewfinder. $550 is hard to beat for an APS-C sensor, converted to IR. My first "IR converted" Digital camera is 20 years old. Monochrome sensor, Kodak DCS200ir.

Thanks Brian

Yep 550 is a good price but the NX100 does not have a viewfinder that's why I am hoping Kolarivision can do other special orders like the NX100.

Looked at various Olympus E series but there sensors were quite a bit smaller than the NX series and the Present Canon G6 is only 7.1MP

So for now we are venturing further field and to greater heights with sensors and MP and OF course still op[en to suggestions

Cheers for Years
Colin

Thank you all Brian, Olli, BBW, Alf, Julien, for the Welcome ^ comments

Just for the record my familiarity with Photography is VERY VERY limited as have only been at it with Point&Shoot cameras and that was/is the extent of it - just point and shoot - even reading the manuals was an overwhelming chore.

Then through Dreams came the change in direction leading to Infrared Photography - shoot what a learning curve, even just to understand even the basics.

As to "IR language" moi is also the beginner just finding out that the bigger sensor bigger pixels and which Infrared Filters were needed.

Then comes the even bigger learning curve Post Processing in Photoshop or w.h.y - but thanks to Kolarivision where the Samsung is going to be bought we have a set of Photoshop actions that develop the results for each particular Filter PLUS other tutorials.

Of course the decision has to be made WHICH NX camera will grace our efforts here in B.C. - Decisions Decisions Decisions hehehe

Cheers for years
Colin

Way to go Bill

Do you have the G5 Converted with a specific IR filter or are you like with Full Spectrum conversion + adapter tube and various IR filters.

Am presently looking at a Samsung NX100 also with Full Spectrum and using the G6 IR Filters with the Samsung also

Hope you are having as much fun as I am

Cheers for Years
Colin

Sounds just right Bill

We have 600 680 720 & 760nm Filters to play with plus a few Post Processing tricks up our sleeve for more color too.

Cheers for years
Colin

It's an auto signature that the app on my phone uses, I haven't worked out how to remove it sorry

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back