Hi from Gloucester

elsie350

Regular
Hello everyone

My name is Kev and I own a Canon G12 after my fab family bought me one for my birthday. I've been interested in photography for years but not had a lot of time to do it. Glad to have found this forum and learn more about my new camera.

Best wishes to you all

Kev
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Many thanks all for the friendly welcome.

From what I've played with the G12 so far its a great little camera.

Best wishes to you all

Kev

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Elsie, a belated welcome to you! I apologize for missing your introduction...I haven't been able to be around these forum halls as much as I used to be. It's great to have you so involved here at SC.:flowers_2:

Hi guys, I've taken some pictures but can't upload them to the forum. Can anyone talk me through the process please? Many thanks

Hi Kev! Welcome to the forum! One of the ways to upload photos is the following:

1. Click on the "Gallery" tab on top of the page;
2. Click on the "upload photos" link on the top right of the page;
3. You can then choose to upload the photo to a specific forum gallery, just the general gallery, or to a folder that you can create as part of your personal online album (to create an album, go to the "My Albums" link on top of the page, when you first entered the "Gallery" page);
4. The just "choose file" from your computer and pick whatever photo you want to upload;
5. Add name and description if you'd like;
6. Click "upload/submit"

Keep in mind that the max photo size is 1500 pixels at its longest edge. So you will need to downsize your G12 photos first.

Once you upload a photo in the gallery, to post into a forum, the easiest way is to:

1. Click on one of the photos that you just uploaded;
2. At the bottom of the page, you should see three HTML addresses; copy the one that says "medium image";
3. At the appropriate thread or post that you want to show your photo, paste the HTML address that you copied for the photo.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!!

Back