Hi from Haarlem

Hi Peter and Welcome

Herman will be around soon - you'll soon get to know him - he's famous, and has got the "Medal of Distinction" - "dust off" your image library and get ready to post

Cheers

Peter, thanks for jumping right in and for your introduction here, as well! (BillN is our resident curmudgeon but underneath there beats a heart of gold...but now he may feel obligated to post about the world's economic tribulations since I've mentioned "gold".;)) I do hope you'll post some photos soon!

*Post edited since Bill very kindly pointed out to me that I had made a serious faux pas regarding your location Peter.

BB - Haarlem is near Amsterdam, (the one in Holland - not New Amsterdam)

and Wortel is a Dutch name

now about that Gold thing - you should have bought some a year ago - everyone says it's going higher - probably up 20% since June - but it's spluttering at the moment waiting for Bernanke to make a (another) boo boo or something

PS - you pronounce Haarlem as if you have something stuck in your throat

PPS - just looked - Gold is up again today - and if the dollar falls it should rocket - (but the dollar is not falling???)

:D You know, of course you're right! Forgive me Peter Wortel - I was getting two introduction threads on two different forums confused in my overloaded head! This must mean I need to step away from the computer - and quickly!

Bill, thanks for keeping me straight!

:D You know, of course you're right! Forgive me Peter Wortel - I was getting two introduction threads on two different forums confused in my overloaded head! This must mean I need to step away from the computer - and quickly!

Bill, thanks for keeping me straight!

Your welcome

have a nice day and keeping printing the dollars and sending them to China - they now have so many they just don't know what to do with them

BBC News - Qianlong Chinese porcelain vase sold for £43m

See, Don, misunderstood, too. That's because we're such colonial urban dwellers.;)

your'e just trying to make me feel bad:)

Where is Herman anyway - maybe he has taken a "winter sports" holiday - or he could be showing off his "medal" around town ;)

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
Must admit that I left out the country intentionally to see who would pick up on the double a ;)
@Fuddlestack: the D90 is a beauty, but heavy. The Ricoh is pretty good in the right circumstances. In the dark it is pretty noisy, otherwise you get some good photographs out of that little body.

Back