Hi From London UK

mmacleodbrown

Regular
Hi everyone,

I found this site while looking for an upgrade to my Canon Powershot G2 which I have had for about 8yrs now..
I love it to bits, it's the only high end camera I have ever had (cost me £750 new :eek:), but it is getting long in the tooth now.
My primary reason for upgrading is portability, on my ride home, I keep wishing I had my camera for all those random shots that you see, last week it was the sunset with Battersea Powerstation in the foreground.
Im currently looking at the DX5 or the S95, but can't decide which, still researching :D

Welcome mmacleodbrown! You can't go wrong with either camera, but I would suggest including the Samsung EX1 in your list of options. There is also the rumored Olympus compact that looks promising, but who knows whether Olympus will actually release it early next year. Good luck and I hope you find the right camera for you.

Good morning, my time, mmacleodbrown and thanks so much for introducing yourself! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions - we're all here because we're interested in these compact cameras. I, too, am in the process of deciding which route to go...but I may just keep treading water with my Canon Elph until the Fuji X100 makes its debut.;)

Welcome aboard - and I look forward to your involvement here.:D

Welcome mmacleodbrown! You can't go wrong with either camera, but I would suggest including the Samsung EX1 in your list of options. There is also the rumored Olympus compact that looks promising, but who knows whether Olympus will actually release it early next year. Good luck and I hope you find the right camera for you.

Cheers for the heads up, I did look at the EX1, but it is just a touch too big as it is bigger than the LX5..

Well I went down to jessops and had a look at both camera's

OMG, I just can't believe how pocketable the S95 really is
Packing that much functionality into a body that small is impressive..
The LX5 was small, but not quite as pocketable, It would fit in my jeans, but the lens made it a bit bulky
I have to decide if I can live with that, as from my research, the LX5 is a better camera, so I should buy it, winter will be fine as I will have a jacket, but in the summer it will be jean pockets only...

My heart says the LX5, better lens, better macro, can go upto 60 sec exposure for star shots, but my head tells me the S95 as I really want a carry everywhere camera,

Oh well, I have 3 weeks to decide one way or the other, be interesting to see how many times I change my mind before buying :D:D

Back