Hi from Paris

Thanks all!

Hi Sue, well, I'm a bit tired of the continuous APS-C vs FF, DSLR vs MILC and OVF vs EVF threads on the other forum. The ambiance seems more relaxed here ;)

Indeed. I confess, I only drop in there once in a great while, of late. I'm also probably going to divest myself of my Pentax gear (having a great deal of difficulty letting go, and letting go for what seems to me to be a pittance... I need to get over it... been fussing about it for more than a year, now).

You'll find the denizens of SC helpful, pleasant, really really nice people :)

Nick, at one point, I was contemplating going to my upcoming Paris trip with nothing but a GR and a RX100ii. How do you feel about that given that Paris is your stomping ground. It'll be my first time there.

Nick, at one point, I was contemplating going to my upcoming Paris trip with nothing but a GR and a RX100ii. How do you feel about that given that Paris is your stomping ground. It'll be my first time there.
Well, it depends on your shooting style, but if you usually shoot wide-angle you may find that 28mm is a bit too long sometimes, especially since the streets can be pretty narrow here compared to the US ;)

So, I would probably add the GW-3 to the GR for these occasions.
And the RX100ii is indeed a nice complement when you need more reach or for handheld night shots.

Actually I'm thinking about the exact same kit (GR + GW-3 + RX100) for my following trips :)

Back