hi from southern UK

sh0wtime

Veteran
Name
Adam.
hi guys
posted a few items in your flickr group a while back & thought i'd better join up :)

i have 2 cameras you could describe as compacts & one of them's definitely serious!

i have an LX3 which should go everywhere with me (hasn't lately) and a Leica Digilux2
i suppose i have to consider the Leica a compact as its a lot smaller than either of my DSLRs & has a non interchangeable lens (which i presume lands it in the P&S camp?)
but it takes lovely pics :D
(well i hope it will as i just got it yesterday & haven't used it yet but the almost identical Lumix LC1 i used 3 years ago was great so fingers crossed.....)

anyway, nice place you got here :D

Welcome!!

The Digilux 2 is a lovely camera and produces great quality images. I'll look forward to seeing some posted on here.

Where in the south of the UK are you. I'm near Caterham in Surrey and i work for Park Cameras in Burgess Hill.

i'm from Farnborough just over the Surrey border into North Hampshire

let me know if there are any southern meets coming up ? :)

ah. just clicked your flickr link. hello Andy :)
i remember you asking aout the digilux 2 on tp but there didn't seem to be any love for it over there
well i missed out on my friends LC1 i was going to get (for a bargain £150) & spent a whole lot more on the D2!
but i have always wanted one & this one came along with just over 2,000 clicks and.........

well you can guess the rest :)

i'm from Farnborough just over the Surrey border into North Hampshire

let me know if there are any southern meets coming up ? :)

ah. just clicked your flickr link. hello Andy :)
i remember you asking aout the digilux 2 on tp but there didn't seem to be any love for it over there
well i missed out on my friends LC1 i was going to get (for a bargain £150) & spent a whole lot more on the D2!
but i have always wanted one & this one came along with just over 2,000 clicks and.........

well you can guess the rest :)
Blimey!! Small world. I remember talking to someone about the D2 and i did look at a few on ebay but they went for too much. I'm glad you are liking yours.

Hi From a soft southerner who has been working his way up country and got as far as Derbyshire. Though considering turning round and heading south again, none of which has the slightest relevance... except the Hi bit.

Hey shOwtime,
A hardy late welcome from Arizona. Some of us are late here because we are just plain old and slow. Kidding aside, I had the D2 myself and never should have let it go.
Cheers and welcome,
Pete

Welcome from Cheshire ;-) Hope you'll enjoy the site and be sure to check out the weekly challange (though a challenge it's always fun and carried out in good will) as well as the Herman's genres section - there's a image thread for all of your photos here :)

PS the UK meet idea sounds good

Back