Hi From Sydney

mobelby

Rookie
Hello All,

I am migrating to this website from Amin's other great website that deals with micro four thirds.
In other words I've just sold my Olympus EP3 and am in the process of buying most likely the Sony DSC-RX100.

Simple reason, the E-P3 was spending too much time by itself in a closet and needed a new owner that could give it a little more love and attention.

The Sony, with a neoprene cover should fit into just about any pocket I have and will get some love.
The only other extras I plan are an external battery charger and spare battery and a Sandisk Extreme Card, probably 32GB

Thanks for introducing yourself mobelby and glad to have you come across the hall with your new camera!:th_salute:

I have to admit that I don't know very much about this camera, strictly due to my being out of the new camera loop, but I can see it is a wonderfully small size which is very cool. Please promise to share some of your photos and your impressions of the Sony DSC-RX100, as well.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
With the announcement of the LX7 on 18 July in Tokyo I will convince myself to hold off on my purchase of the Sony RX100 till then.

Meanwhile, I'm messing around with Lightroom filters and photos from my iphone 4s and old Canon TX-1 and am sure I'll post something

Welcome from Holland! I'm curious to see your results with whichever camera you end up choosing, the RX100 is very interesting and I'm sure the LX6/7 will be too.

Hello there!

Off to research your camera, sounds interesting! Looking forward to seeing your photos. Us Brits are a bit slow at the moment with new pictures as the very wet weather is keeping us at bay!

Make yourself at home,
Heather

Welcome to the forum. I'm curious, why did your E-P3 stay in the closet? My main camera is a Pentax K-x, but I recently bought my wife an Olympus PEN E-P1 w/the 17mm f/2.8 pancake, and I haven't been able to leave it alone. I've been taking it everywhere, and have gotten a lot of great pictures I never would have gotten with my DSLR, since I probably would not have had it with me. For example, below are some of the "keepers" I got just last night when we took the kids to "Incredible Pizza".

I would not have gotten these shots with my DSLR, since I probably would not have felt like lugging it around all night while trying to keep up with the kids. And I would not have gotten the pictures with a compact camera, since I wouldn't having bothered trying to get nice pictures with a small-sensor camera in such dim lighting. I feel like the PEN cameras have gotten the balance just right between a serious camera and a compact.

1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back