Hi from the Philippines

efm2

Hi guys. I'm Edwin and a new convert to serious compacts :). My search for Ricoh GRD materials brought me to this site. I'm expecting a minty Ricoh GRDIII very soon and I know early on that the guys in this forum will be of great help and at the same time will be a great inspiration to me. Thanks.

Hi Edwin. So where in the Philippines are you? I'm in Pasay City in Metro Manila. If you're nearby let me know if you want to meet up.

No problem. When I go to QC I use the MRT. I haven't been there much yet - mostly around Cubao. Happy to make the trip or we could meet in Makati.

Up until about a month ago I was using Sony NEX system. I just switched to Fuji - an X-E2. I have a couple of posts on here with pics from Pasay taken with it (or on my blog at maniladays.tumblr.com).

When does your Ricoh arrive? I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys :)

@ olli - ETD is next week. Maybe before the end of November. I'll keep you posted. Cubao or Makati? Why not. I think we'll have a "better" street photos in Cubao but might have a little security problem :) I'll take a look at your blog.

@ Luke - No no no! Not yet :) ! I've been wanting to do street for the longest time but I'm just a little intimated to do so with big DSLRs. This cam might open up a new experience for me. I have 2 Pentax Qs but I feel they are a little laggy for street.

@ bilzmale - I hope I'll have the same experience with it.

@ davect01 - Thanks

@ John - Thanks for the welcome. Is the Flores from the Fil side? I have Flores relatives from the south (Quezon).

Back