Hi from the Philippines!

tattee

Regular
Hi to all! I'm an electronic/firmware engineer by profession and loves photography as a hobby.

Here's a short history:

As a child I never got to experience photography. No cameras, no internet, no money!:redface: I envied people with cameras and especially beautiful photos hanging on camera shops. Then came my first payday at age 22 and immediately a camera is No.1 on my list.

I've started with the basic point n shoot cameras from canon and olympus and was left wanting for more. So, I moved up to Lumix LX3 and had a great time. Eventually, I sold the LX3 to get my first DSLR (pentax KX). It was great with old manual lenses but realized the huge bulky DSLR wasn't for me. So I went back to panasonic and bought the GF1 which was great too and probably the camera I owned the longest time (almost 2 yrs). Then came the Ricoh GXR + 28mm which I currently own. I love it for its sensor and body size. It takes great B&W photos,which previously I had zero interest in.

Right now, I'm considering selling my Ricoh GXR (too bad since i really love the it!:() to fund for an upcoming business. But I won't be leaving photography, I'm eyeing the GRDIII or GRDIV for the mean time until I can have funds back for the GXR.

SO you might ask, "Why Ricoh?". The answer is simple, Ricoh brought the greatest photography experience for me and I enjoyed taking pictures with it.:)

Hi and welcome from the Netherlands! That's a nice history you posted there... best of luck with your future business, and whichever Ricoh you decide on using!

hey tatt: welcome and yes share some pics from your homeland.
Cheers from, (its still hot down here in) Arizona,
Pete

tattee, I admire your attitude and am sure your business will be a success! Thank you so much for your introduction and, yes, please do post some photographs so we can "see what you see". Welcome to Serious Compacts!:flowers_2:

hello
i am form nyc but my family lives in Cebu also weighing the GRD3 vs GRD4 just need one camera with a single focal length , and let your eyes do the rest . all the best listen to the shooters in this thread , they have been helpful to me
james nicol

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!:) This is a great forum full of very friendly people and very good photographers.:) I've been looking at some of the pictures posted here and was just amazed and inspired especially when knowing we all use compact cameras and not DSLRs.

Thank you, tattee!:flowers_2:

And welcome, James, to Serious Compacts! Please keep us posted on your decisions and be sure to share some pictures with us very soon, too.:th_salute:
hello
i am form nyc but my family lives in Cebu also weighing the GRD3 vs GRD4 just need one camera with a single focal length , and let your eyes do the rest . all the best listen to the shooters in this thread , they have been helpful to me
james nicol

Back