Fuji Hi from the UK

Hello, I'm Paul and I live in the UK and I've been a keen photographer since I hit my teens in 1974.

I've recently joined sister sites Leica Place and Forever Film as the majority of my photography is on film but I also have an X-Pro1 and X100. I'm definitely not anti-digital but, as both digital and film have a lot of different things to offer, I see no reason to use one medium to the exclusion of the other.

Although I like to know how to get what I want from my cameras, I am a bit of a numpty when it comes to technology. I tend to be the one who actually reads some of the camera manual - mainly because I need to.

With smaller format (incl digital), I shoot mostly travel and documentary / street but I also love getting out and shooting landscapes.

Hope to meet you all over time. All the best, Paul.

Welcome. I thought of getting rid of my X-Pro 1 to finance another camera, but it's just too enjoyable to shoot. Something about its sensor that I find produces wonderful results with legacy glass, and the OVF with the X lenses is an absolute joy.

Welcome. I thought of getting rid of my X-Pro 1 to finance another camera, but it's just too enjoyable to shoot. Something about its sensor that I find produces wonderful results with legacy glass, and the OVF with the X lenses is an absolute joy.

The other consideration, for me at least, is that trade-in values for the X-Pro1 have really dived since the X-T1 and X-Pro2 have appeared. I might take the plunge for an X-Pro2 (once the price starts to drop in a few months time) but I'll probably keep the X-Pro1 as it's still in mint confition and I like having a couple of bodies so that I'm not forever changing lenses (I have the 23mm f1.4 and 56mm f1.2).

Back