Fuji Hi Fuji X -ers

Livnius

Top Veteran
Name
Joe
Hi all.
My name is Joe and just the other day I joined the Fuji-X tribe (courtesy of an XT2 and a bunch of lenses).

Some of you may recall seeing me around every so often at Serious Compacts (I recognize many familiar names here)....I started out taking photos about 5 years ago with the Panasonic GF1 and 20mm 1.7 (classic kit)......what started off as a mild curiosity pretty soon blew out into something more than I ever could have imagined...in the very best of ways.

These days alongside my shiny new Fuji kit I keep a Nikon D750 with 24mm, 35mm and 50mm primes and a little Ricoh GR......it's a lot of gear I know but my girlfriend approves :)

I don't have a particular genre that I concentrate on and as far as my aesthetic or style, well, if I had to describe it it would be 'overcooked'....so please, don't shoot me if the skin tones or blue hues in my images are not true to life !

My very early first impressions of the XT2 plus lenses thus far? ....I am really digging it, everything feels top notch, solid, reliable, and the 'feel' is just brilliant. I've only taken a handful of casual shots the other day when I visited my folks, just random stuff in and around their house, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing, a lot. I'm also especially thrilled that the smearing/watercolor issues I struggled with on the X100S a while back seem to have been almost entirely rectified with the latest X-trans sensor and Lightroom CC interaction. So far so good, I think I'm going to really enjoy the XT2.

Below is a pair of images from my first afternoon with the camera.....hopefully much more to come.

Joe

30859307332_f65e570bef_h.jpg

Dad
by Livnius, on Flickr

30887775361_03b0fb9d87_h.jpg

Backyard rain
by Livnius, on Flickr

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

It's late spring here in Australia and the days are getting warmer and longer...I think this is a great time to begin experimenting with a new camera. Hoping to get out and about with the new gear over the coming weeks and months...but in the meantime, I'll just keep taking photos of my family or my cat or random inanimate objects around my house :)

22844391718_b066b67e75_h.jpg

Mum.
by Livnius, on Flickr

Welcome Joe, this is a superb forum full of friendly sharing people and I am sure you will settle in nicely. I have and continue to learn a lot from the members of this forum and if you have a question you can rest assured someone on here will know the answer.

Wishing you many happy days of "Fuji magic".

Back