Fuji hi FujiXspot! new member

adubo

Regular
Name
Andrew
how's it going guys? i'm Andrew, been a member of the sister mu-43 website for a few years now, never joined the other forums since i didnt have any other gear for almost 4years aside from film cameras and my micro four thirds so its nice to get a change of scene and Gary is to blame! the x100s and XP1 was kinda hard to use with the slow AF (IMO, slower than the e-pl2 i had with a 14 2.5 or the 7-14 f4 etc) so i'm primarily using the fuji X-E1 as a portrait camera with my m39 and M mount lenses.

i'm primarily a portrait, documentary, kinda guy.

the X-E1 is supposed to come in on wednesday so from then on, i hope i'd make an easy transition from mu43 to the fujis (will definitely get the 18mm and 35mm lenses as soon as the budget allows it)

:twothumbs:

Hello Andrew, welcome to this forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time here. Congratulations with your X-E1. Smart choice. ;-)
Looking forward to seeing your photos!
Peter

I've worked around the X body AF problems... mostly, lol. I moved from Nikon DSLR to mu-43 to Fuji and Fuji's now "it" for me. Gary Ayala is to blame for many people going to Fuji. He has much to answer for, lol.

And I can blame Fuji for being humbled by seeing Gary's beautiful photos. ;-)

I've worked around the X body AF problems... mostly, lol. I moved from Nikon DSLR to mu-43 to Fuji and Fuji's now "it" for me. Gary Ayala is to blame for many people going to Fuji. He has much to answer for, lol.

Andrew, great to have you here, when your XE1 arrives you know you have to post a photo or you cannot use this site!;) Just kidding. Hope you enjoy yourself at this friendly place.
Dennis.

and Gary Ayala is to blame for my photographic education in some ways! he's a great mentor to me. i recon id use the LTM's and M's so i didnt get any of the fuji's now (and i didnt have the money)

im a big fan of your work! Gary and I have talked about your stuff and i'm a big fan!

and Gary Ayala is to blame for my photographic education in some ways! he's a great mentor to me. i recon id use the LTM's and M's so i didnt get any of the fuji's now (and i didnt have the money)

im a big fan of your work! Gary and I have talked about your stuff and i'm a big fan!

Thank you!

Gary and I spend some time chatting on the phone. One of my few opportunities to advise him was to tell him the new X-E2 is NOT too small, lol. He's used to the X-PRO1. I'm interested to see his take on the X-E2. He'll probably talk me into buying that too.

In fact I rib him that it's his "fault" I'm shooting Fuji, lol.

Thank you!

Gary and I spend some time chatting on the phone. One of my few opportunities to advise him was to tell him the new X-E2 is NOT too small, lol. He's used to the X-PRO1. I'm interested to see his take on the X-E2. He'll probably talk me into buying that too.

In fact I rib him that it's his "fault" I'm shooting Fuji, lol.

LOL! yeah, i talked to him last thanksgiving and he just got the X-E2. he likes it, i'm sure. a lighter version of the X-P1 and he rarely uses the OVF so its perfect with his Touits!

Back