Hi how are you

Oh Herman.....that sounds so wonderful. I wish we could trade places. We have been having record heat for most of the summer. Coupled with almost no rain, everything is dead and dried. I'm not one to worry about the health of the lawn, but the farmer's are worried. If we don't get rain soon, it may be too late.

and I hate summer under the best of circumstances.

Herman, what's the old "normal" for your summer weather?

Luke, I feel for you and for the farmers. We've been having very hot weather too and only yesterday got some much needed rain. Normally our summers don't usually hit the mid to high 90s until August...and the lately it's been quite humid. Oh and I'm talking about the NY/CT metro area..just outside of Manhattan.

Nikki is over her pneumonia. Nina is getting better after seeing a second Doctor that took it seriously, and now it is my turn. I went in at first signs, saw the Doctor that did so well with Nina.

There is "Community Passed Pneumonia" going around the Easy Coast, maybe elsewhere. If anyone gets some "Flu-Light" symptoms, see a Doctor. With Nina and Nikki, it turned into raging pneumonia within 2 days. I'm just happy that "Patient First" office took me seriously when I stated that Nina went from how I felt now to what she looked like when she switched Doctors to them. I've taken antibiotics twice in the last 35 years. One of those was pre-emptive as Nikki had Strepp and her pediatrician wanted Nina and I to take the same meds to not pass back. This time, it's too scary to wait.

Brian, I'm so relieved to read that Nikki is better - though I didn't know about your wife (?) and yourself. Many of us don't realize how these summertime illnesses can travel. Take care of yourself!

Herman, the weather here in the UK is dire and matches my mood. My 90 year old father in law has been slowly passing away since Friday evening. He wanted to die in his own home and so we have been keeping vigil since then. We're all exhausted and on a roller coaster of moods. Sometimes all weeping and sometimes laughter. Francis, his carer has been so great and we've had lots of support from the doctor and community nursing team that I really can't complain. I didn't realize that it could take so long. Hoping for peace for him tonight or tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. Taking a long time to go is miserable. I pray his passing is peaceful.

My Father passed away over 20 years ago, still brings a tear to my eyes thinking about him. His last words were "Yabba, Daba, Du"- to some of the situation. Sense of humor to the last.

Yes, Christina, I hope your father-in-law's passing can be swift, peaceful and painless. Like Karen and Brian, my thoughts are with you and your family. My father was lucky enough to die in his own home which was his wish...one that I made sure could happen.

Back