Sony Hi, need some help (RX1 remote question)

johnpaulwarwick

Hi, Ive just registered here and this is my first post.
Three weeks ago I bought a RX100 2 and finding it a really great little camera, however when trying to take time lapse shots using continous shot I find the playmemories app cant manage it and so I was looking at buying a wired remote.
The only remote that I can find that will work is the offical sony one at nearly £100, when you consider you can buy cheap generic ones at £10 this seems like another sony rip off job. If anyone can recommend a cheap alternative or a workaround for a cheaper one to work on this camera I would be very grateful.
Thank you very much

John

Welcome, John - I'm sure some of our RX100 shooters will post in response soon and one of our trusty Moderators will move the thread for you. Glad you found you way here to SC!

Welcome to serious compacts John. I moved your query to the proper forum and targeted your title to get RX1 users' direct attention as well. That's a great camera you have, but unfortunately I don't have the answer you seek.

I bought a cheap wireless remote for nex camera from ebay but I put it somewhere before I use it:) From what I read cheap ones are good also but I don't know how they work with camera applications. Both RX1 and RX100 don't have the app options so your answers might be more from nex or RX100 II users...

Back