Hi

Ahhh grasshopper. Another Pentax shooter over here to play, hey? I know you not by that name in other Pentax areas (PF) but your vibe is familiar....

Welcome here, it's a great place to hang, chat and imbibe. Just be very wary as your quest for either camera - but especially the X100 - will be vastly accelerated in the company kept here. I have even been tempted to the X100 from my Pentax and FA31 set-up....just looking for how to fund it now :blush:

@BB - I'm backing NEPA to be Northeast Pennsylvania (not far from Don?). Though dropping the "L" would make it Nepal; though they are more a peaceful people not giving into shaolin martial arts stylings....otherwise we have a rogue greenie on our hands and this is our first ecological ninja (a la "National Environment Protection Agency").

Welcome here, it's a great place to hang, chat and imbibe. Just be very wary as your quest for either camera - but especially the X100 - will be vastly accelerated in the company kept here. I have even been tempted to the X100 from my Pentax and FA31 set-up....just looking for how to fund it now :blush:
I'm not sure it can be accelerated more, I was in lust with it from the first time I saw the prototype. This is the kind of masochist I am; I've actually been using my ME Super with a Sears 50mm pancake for a pocket camera, loaded with Ilford XP2. If the X100 lens were a touch narrower and a stop faster I'd be scooping out a kidney for sale on the black market to fund one.

@BB - I'm backing NEPA to be Northeast Pennsylvania (not far from Don?). Though dropping the "L" would make it Nepal; though they are more a peaceful people not giving into shaolin martial arts stylings....otherwise we have a rogue greenie on our hands and this is our first ecological ninja (a la "National Environment Protection Agency").
That's it BBW, I'm from the shadowy lands of the Lehigh Valley. Although I work in NYC so I'm there more often than not.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you settle in well and enjoy it here.

I shoot a Pentax DSLR too, and the folks here openly welcome photos from me and my k5, so feel at ease if there's anything you want to share from your dslr. There are many gear enthusiasts here, and owners of many various brands so any Q's gear wise, feel free to ask away :)

Hope to see you around more :)

junyo, thanks for clarifying your geographic location - that's quite a commute you've got!

Whatever you do, don't scoop out a kidney! Keep an eye out for a great gently used Fuji X100! I initially wished the lens were a touch wider, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with my new view on life.

And Vince is right, please do post some of your photos when you have the time. Here's a handy thread to read: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/what-compact-my-camera-compact-16/ :drinks:

Back