B&W High Contrast B & W

P8180036.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm going through film photos and rescanning them on the Pacific Image XAs, this was taken through an Amtrak window somewhere in the northwest. Those endless miles of brick and metal buildings which speak of a blue-collar age that mostly no longer exists. I read On The Road on that trip, and when I looked out the window I may have wondered if I were seeing some bleary psychedelic vision of Jack Kerouac's made manifest. Those wide open spaces get to you.

50815614098_7a9406820b_h.jpg
Untitled (20)
by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

Alas, a common theme with Canon's APS-C kit lenses (even the G1X III suffers a bit in that respect - its lens, though a bit better than your usual kit lens, is still somewhat underwhelming). However, the 22mm f/2 and 32mm f/1.4 are both very nice ... if you can forgo the zoom. And then there's the Sigma trio - but they're pretty big, except for the 56mm f/1.4. The 22mm, 32mm and 56mm are the lenses I'd get ...

M.
I have those lenses and they are excellent. The 28mm macro is also very sharp--as is my new Viltrox 56mm. It's too bad Sigma never made their trio of f/2.8 lenses for Canon M.
The 60mm is great.

Back