B&W High Contrast B & W

The photographer, back home, after surviving a cold winter bicycle ride, verifying that all appendages are still functioning....including the most important appendage of all: his camera.

GX9_Jan29_21_Cyclist_in_the_mirror.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stopping this morning to get my to-go coffee from the local small town coffee-shop, I noticed a striking doll sitting amidst the books on a bookshelf over in a corner. There was something almost knowing, or perhaps Mona Lisa-esque, in the 'look' that she seemed to be giving to the world around her.

GX9_Feb1_21_Coffee_shop_doll#2(noir).jpg

One more high-contrast image with my old Olympus E-P3 which has been out of commission for a bit since its old battery not only died but also swelled up (it was an inexpensive 3rd-party replacement, not an OEM) and was hard to pry out of the camera. But all's well that ends well and now that it is functioning again, I had to take a few photos, just to try it out again.

EP3_Feb9_21_Autorretrato_with_Escornabois.jpg

And something about that extreme high-contrast treatment seemed to work better here.

One more high-contrast image with my old Olympus E-P3 which has been out of commission for a bit since its old battery not only died but also swelled up (it was an inexpensive 3rd-party replacement, not an OEM) and was hard to pry out of the camera. But all's well that ends well and now that it is functioning again, I had to take a few photos, just to try it out again.

View attachment 248504

And something about that extreme high-contrast treatment seemed to work better here.
Renders like a CCD camera does that EP3 that’s why I really like it.

Back