B&W High Contrast B & W

On one side, a large freestanding composting bin; on the other, my old southern Oregon farmhouse.

GX9_Feb27_22_landscape_with_compost_bin.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is this B&W SOOC or done in post? If SOOC/ film sim, any chance you'd be open to sharing your settings? I like the look.

- K
Thank you for asking Keith. I used the camera JPG and processed it in SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro 11. The processing info can probably be translated over to whatever software you are using. I should note that some of the highlights across the bricks in the middle were caused by sunlight reflected from an opposing building. I've attached screenshots of the camera settings because they have great influence in the final results. In post, I fixed perspective, boosted the contrast using S-curves in the tone curves, removed all color saturation, and gave it a slight boost in clarity. Feel free to download the images if you want to match in your software. Please advise if I left out something.

T2A40001r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Thank you for asking Keith. I used the camera JPG and processed it in SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro 11. The processing info can probably be translated over to whatever software you are using. I should note that some of the highlights across the bricks in the middle were caused by sunlight reflected from an opposing building. I've attached screenshots of the camera settings because they have great influence in the final results. In post, I fixed perspective, boosted the contrast using S-curves in the tone curves, removed all color saturation, and gave it a slight boost in clarity. Feel free to download the images if you want to match in your software. Please advise if I left out something.

View attachment 296420

View attachment 296424

View attachment 296425

View attachment 296426
Wow, thanks for the in-depth response. I'll play with it when I get a chance.

- K

Back