Sports High School Boy's Baseball

Roboticspro

Top Veteran
Good Morning,

This was the first match-up since COVID-19 between these same-city rivals. The game went 7 innings with the win going to my home team (4 of my students playing) with a 11-5 hard-fought game.

Regards,

Edd

Nick-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
CT-1.JPG
Cole-1.JPG
18-1.JPG
JC-1.JPG

Good Morning,

A group of photos from yesterdays game; a mix of Canon 90D (32 MP) and Olympus M1X (20 MP) images taken during the event. These are all from the M1X and M.Zuiko100-400mm combo. My home team won, 8 to 3...:).

Regards,

Edd

WBB-2.jpg
WBB-3.jpg
WBB-4.jpg
WBB-5.jpg
WBB-6.jpg
WBB-8.jpg

David,

Funny that you asked about that...I preferred the Olympus gear over the Canon gear if the light (daylight) was good/strong. If it was marginal, then I went with the Canon gear. Although I can look and see differences (noise levels, DR, etc.) they are not glaring standouts. The biggest thing visually is the apparent increase in depth of field with the MFT gear; I have the Canon EF300 f2.8L, EF 500mm f4L and had the EF 400mm f2.8L. Sometimes the subject isolation works in sports, but not if the focus point is missed, even slightly. This is where, at least for me, the MFT comes into favored play, way more forgiving in that aspect. As I'm 71 now, the weight savings in carrying lighter gear is a godsend, as I do not shoot professionally. I capture my students photos at events for their personal use and to share with their families, especially if their folks can't make it to an event. Getting back to your question though, the build quality of the Canon EF 100-400L II is better than the Olympus 100-400, but I don't see a 2.5X difference in optical performance (based on the street costs of each) in my style or abilities to use either one better than another. I ended up selling the EF 100-400L II, and picked up the Oly 100-400 for MFT, and the Sigma 100-400 (C) for FF; not sorry at all!

Regards,

Edd

Last edited:
I didn't have a 'good' camera when my son was playing high school ball. My Nikon 995 was the best I could afford. These shots bring back a lot of memories of watching him play, both in high school and later on in college.

Good Morning,

This was the last game of the season prior to the playoffs; it went to my schools' favor, 6-0. Another game shot with MFT for all 7 innings.

Regards,

Edd

WBB-1 (2).jpg
WBB-2 (2).jpg
WBB-3 (2).jpg
WBB-4 (2).jpg
WBB-5 (2).jpg
WBB-6 (2).jpg

Back