High school high level football

Name
Mel
My wife and I photograph a local High School football team and have for the past 8 years. This team is a powerhouse in our State and has gone to the championship game 3 out of the past 5 years. It has produced Breece Hall who is leading the New York Jets in rushing as a rookie, a young man who is in West Point playing for Army, and a young man playing for Oklahoma University. They are loaded again and have a running back, #24, who will be in Division one next year. Out of the entire roster of players this year, 56 out of 70 are underclassmen and will be back along with a bunch more on the undefeated Freshman team. They average 60.5 points per game and are playing for the #1 seed in the post-season playoffs in Manhattan, Kansas about 100 miles away from home. We have been invited (really urged) to join the team Friday and ride the bus to Manhattan and do a photo essay on traveling with a bunch of kids who are focused.
We leave at 12:30 and get back probably around 1:30 am but it will be fun, win or lose. These young men are a hoot to be around. They love pictures being taken of them and pose willingly. My wife has become kind of a second mom for some of the kids and we are still close to many who have graduated and still contact us. I am attaching some photos from the last game they won 76-12. It was not that close since it was 59-0 at the half and the understudies played the second half with a clock that ran all the time.
There are pre-game photos at the new Riverfront Stadium, home of our class AA baseball team. They graciously had three games for city schools to allow the guys to experience all the trappings of professional sports. You will see the huge scoreboard with a shot of our skyline, some of kids getting ready, a game photo and my wife working the sidelines. I hope I am still in good enough shape to survive the road trip. :)
PA140007.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PA140018.jpg
PA140010.jpg
PA140019.jpg
PA140090.jpg
PA140138.jpg
PA140047.jpg

Back