Fuji Hiow low will the X100 go?

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
The "S" is less than a month away. And yet the original X100 that came out 2 years ago is still $1,000, although good used ones are plentiful for around $700. What price will they drop to once the "S" starts selling? With some cameras, we occasionally see insane price drops at the end of the run. Or did Fuji plan out their manufacturing runs a little better?

What's your best guess?

I really don't know. My local store is selling their last display model for $999. I probably would have purchased it over placing a pre-order for the X100S if it had been $850 or so. At $1000, its too close to the price of the X100S to overlook the advancements of the newer model. Once the X100S get out in the wild I can see it dropping to the $850 range new and the used pricing dropping to $550-600 or thereabouts depending on how saturated the market gets. Overall, I don't envision an Olympus type situation where a relatively state of the art camera from two years ago is worth next to nothing today.

The "S" is less than a month away. And yet the original X100 that came out 2 years ago is still $1,000, although good used ones are plentiful for around $700. What price will they drop to once the "S" starts selling? With some cameras, we occasionally see insane price drops at the end of the run. Or did Fuji plan out their manufacturing runs a little better?

What's your best guess?

It was selling here at our local AAFES for $799 USD with the leather case included...:cool:

I was going to guess $800 new when the s breaks out but RT says it's that already!
Since Fuji doesn't churn out models as fast as Oly/Panasonic,I would think that their prices would hold up a little better.It sounds like a fair amount of people want to hold onto their x100 rather than move up so that should protect prices somewhat also.

I'm going to sell mine for $450 once the S arrives. Maybe that's too low (and I guess I will know if it's too high), but I got a lot of use out of it and hope it goes to someone who really likes photography.

I want the X100S to be a huge success. THAT way, used prices will drop, and I can get a low-frame count, minty, used 100 (the Black set, please) CHEAP !

Mine is up for sale on ebay, so I hope not too low -- though I've listed it as a sale not an auction.

I loved the camera, but I loved my X10 too, and for my needs I think the X20 will better complement what I do with the Olympus E-M5.

But I do go round and round in circles about what I want for a "carry everywhere" camera. I've gone through 10 or 12, and always seem to be looking for "the one". But the X10 came closes for me. So I'm downgrading, I guess, and hope I can get what I'm asking for the X100.

My X10 is still keeping me busy, but an X100 for under $500 sounds very attractive if they get that low. I noticed there's a couple used XF1s on B&h for $300 too. If they drop to around $200 I wouldn't mind having one of those. Seems to be the most (maybe only) pocketable X camera.

Back