Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam

pniev

Student for life
A third series. Ho Chi Minh (saigon) is definitely worth a visit. It seems as if everyone is born and lives on a scooter. It is a vibrant city with lots of things to see.

p2212474827-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2212475122-5.jpg

p2212475418-5.jpg

p2212475909-5.jpg

p2212476213-5.jpg

p2212476763-5.jpg

p2212476955-5.jpg

p2212477200-5.jpg

p2212477585-5.jpg

Really excellent - I LOVE that next to last shot with the three guys in blue shirts on their scooters, evidently a work uniform. The way the guy on the right is reclined and likely asleep on the top of the scooter is such a great detail and tells you so much about how thoroughly adapted to their scooters the Vietnamese have become, at least in the more urban areas. I might even try cropping that one down to where there's almost nothing but those guys in the shot. Maybe even to 4:3, to make the emphasis on their story that much more dramatic.

-Ray

Thank you for your kind words. I thought about cropping but decided against it to retain the context but I should have cropped it. Here is the result (I tried 4:3 and closer but thought this one worked the best because it also shows the shoes):

p2218793997-5.jpg

I am so amazed by the importance of scooters in the daily life of people in Vietnam and Combodia. They eat on their scooters, sleep, relax, and even move their furniture to another place, as this example shows (taken in Sihanoukville, Cambodia);

p2218792505-5.jpg

I took this shot to illustrate what I would refer to as chaos of scooters (als Combodia):

p2212474612-5.jpg

These are from Ho Chi Minh. Again, scooters everywhere. The amazing thing is that as long as you behave in a predictable manner when you cross a street, it works:

p2218792588-5.jpg

p2218792753-5.jpg

p2218793011-5.jpg

Selling food amidst scooters:
p2218793244-5.jpg

p2218793723-5.jpg

Thank you for your kind words. I thought about cropping but decided against it to retain the context but I should have cropped it. Here is the result (I tried 4:3 and closer but thought this one worked the best because it also shows the shoes):

View attachment 123966
Yeah, I think that nails it. The original was great - this is better. A classic IMHO!

-Ray

I am so jealous! Some great shots here. The three guys in blue.......ah, the magic of 3! Also love the cavalier attitude to safety with the standing kid riding pillion with someone on front and behind as "Protection"

Back