Holiday wishes even for those who wish the holidays would "go away".

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Time seems to be moving faster these days - or is it just me?

So much goes on outside of these cyber walls - some of it exciting, fun and "good" while some the complete opposite. Obviously one only shares so much on an open forum even when we feel we're among good friends here on Serious Compacts.

Although I haven't been able to be around much for quite some time, I still feel as though I'm settling down into an easy chair - a comfortable spot...and in the winter I picture a crackling fireplace near by...with old friends and some new ones who come and go and stop in for a chat or a few laughs...

Mainly wanted to say that I wish everyone well and look forward to eventually being able to spend more time looking at everyone's photographs and reading threads...and having conversations.

Enjoy yourselves wherever you are!

Bill, a round of drinks of their choice for everyone - and of course -one for yourself!:drinks: Take care, be good but not too good!:D

I too haven't been on all that much but there is a homey feeling to SC that you can come back when you are able and while the days have passed, or even weeks, not feel so out of touch that you don't belong anymore. The holidays are creeping up fast on us all regardless of what we celebrate, soon it will be a new year [or the end of the world if you believe in the 12 21 12 thing :D] . I wish the best for everyone in the coming weeks and.. wow, 2013! Happy Holidays BB!

Cheers all!

Thanks BB. I've been busy with work and getting Christmas stuff ready in general. To some degree, photography has taken a little bit of a back burner. I did recently pick up the Panny 20mm for my E-PL2 and have had a little bit of a chance to play with it.

So whos making the eggnog?

I'll be happy to make the eggnog, but be forewarned.....I find it a bit rich so I overcompensate with the booze. :alcoholic:

A non-alcoholic version will also be available for those who prefer not to imbibe. :drinks:

I'll be happy to make the eggnog, but be forewarned.....I find it a bit rich so I overcompensate with the booze. :alcoholic:

A non-alcoholic version will also be available for those who prefer not to imbibe. :drinks:

My grandma's recipe for eggnog specifically states Wild Turkey for the booze of choice. How bout yours?

My grandma's recipe for eggnog specifically states Wild Turkey for the booze of choice. How bout yours?

Jack Daniels. My grandfather's recipe has to be Jack Daniels. One glass and you're well set for the evening. And it even includes vanilla ice cream!

And thanks BB! Same to you. It sounds like you are enjoying the season and the winter (and I assume your new place). It is indeed going fast and my time here at SC - and other forums - has been minimal. However, I've been studying a lot of photography and even working on a new project of my own. It seems my gear fascination is waning and my interest in the art and in improving my skills is steadily increasing. Priorities!

Thank you for your kind wishes BB :) Time flies and I've not been posting much either lately, probably because the weather in the UK has "turned" and it's mostly grey now. I need to do a good Spring clean of my gallery too and then I'll have some room to post some more pics. Wishing you and everyone here on SC a peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

I don't have one....whatever is at hand will work. Wild Turkey is a good choice. I used to enjoy it when I went out to a corner tavern that didn't stock Maker's Mark.

Actually, a spiced rum works really well, too.

Back